GRADE F/10 1 POSITION REF: PU/ADV/02/10/2019
This is a middle-level position in the university and appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university.
In addition, the candidate must:
· Have CPA (K) or its equivalent
· Have knowledge of ERP (Enterprises Resource Planning)
· Be registered with the relevant professional body (e.g. ICPAK)
The applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a large or busy organization, at the level of an Accountant (Grade E) or its equivalent with proven integrity, honesty and compliance to deadlines.
· Preparing bank reconciliation
· Reconciling debtors/creditors
· Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
· Reviewing all income receipts and ensuring banking
· Ensuring adherence to internal controls
· Providing assistance in preparation of accurate financial statements and schedules
· Assisting in preparation of annual budgets and overseeing compliance
· Mentoring and giving guidance to accounts staff
· Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Section/ Department
The candidate must have:
· Computer literacy
· Team building and team work.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Managerial skills
· Leadership skills
· Organizational skills
· Analytical ability
In addition, the applicants should show:
Active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities
Terms Of Service
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P.O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Persons living with Disabilities should attach a copy of their National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) registration Card.
The deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday 23rd October, 2019. Applications received later than this date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification