Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lamu Island
Gross Salary: 45k
Our Client is an NGO based in Lamu.
They seek to hire an experienced Accountant who will be tasked with the day to day accounts operations matters and ensuring the company’s compliance with accounting standards and practices.
· Petty Cash Management
· Receive and verify invoices & requisitions for goods and services
· Verify that transactions comply with financial procedures
· Ensure complete and accurate bank reconciliation for all cash books
· Prepare payment vouchers
· Prepare the creditors ageing summary
· Debt collection, Research and reconcile all discrepancies
· Auditing and verifying documents
· Following internal controls
· Financial analysis on a requested basis
· Manage accounts payable
· Identify and provide strategic work solutions to improve the operational efficiency
· Assist in administrative functions of the office
· Bachelor of Finance or Accounting degree or similar field
· At least CPA Sec III
· 2-3 years’ experience working in an NGO is an added advantage
· Must be willing to relocate to Lamu Island
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ERP (Quickbook would be a plus)
· Good communication skills and ability to manage teams and to interact with the senior level
· Deep knowledge of Local Tax obligations and other legal requirements, especially NGOs.
· Analytical skills in order to introduce improvements needed in the organization finance department, both among the team members and in the finance processes.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Lamu Island) to email@example.com before 8th November 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.