Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya)
Vacancy: Volunteer, Western Regional Office
Reports to: Regional Officer, Western
Duty Station: Western Office, with regular travel to the field
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension to a further 3 months.
Application deadline: 16th September 2019.
Job Summary: Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya has established Regional Offices in Kisumu, Eldoret, Mombasa and Nairobi to enhance its presence and impact in these regions. The Regional Offices incorporate the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) established in collaboration with partners as a strategic initiative aimed at empowering citizens to actively participate in the fight against corruption and demand for accountability.
TI-Kenya seeks to recruit an intern in the Western Regional Office to strengthen the operations of the office. The Volunteer will offer support to the Regional Officer-Western, to ensure successful implementation of the projects, providing programme support and assisting in logistical tasks, monitoring and documentation. This is in line with the overall programme objectives of TI-Kenya’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support in undertaking legal aid at the ALAC office and at the field.
2. Ensure update of the Client Data base and proper keeping of Clients records
3. Assist in preparation of reports and minutes of programme activities, including pictorial documentation;
4. Assist in logistical and administrative preparation of assigned project activities including advocacy meetings, workshops and public forums.
5. Assist in project documentation for the project
6. Represent the ALAC office in meetings when required;
7. Assist in mobilizing community groups in developing democratic structures of governance and strategic plans for effective service delivery;
8. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills Required
1. Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University;
2. Proficiency in using Ms Office applications.
3. Knowledge of Kenya’s governance systems, institutions and their decision making procedures;
4. Proven exposure in Participatory community based approaches, dissemination strategies, research and advocacy skills, legal aid, community mobilization and organization;
5. Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
6. Honest, diligent and trustworthy
7. Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
8. Problem solving skills
9. Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in a timely manner.
10. Demonstrated ability to coordinate several tasks to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, 16th September 2019.
Please include the reference Volunteer, Western Regional Office as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.