The pharmacist will be responsible for ensuring rational and effective use of medication.
· Ensure proper packaging and labelling of the medicine.
· Check prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors.
· Provide medication education and counselling to patients.
· Advice doctors on drug availability.
· Participate in ward rounds and take detailed history of patients.
· Assist in making decisions on appropriate treatments.
· Ensure that all medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
· Assist in writing guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implementing hospital regulations.
· Participate in mentoring & training programs.
· Dispense medication to patients.
· Keep accurate documentation of medication plans and patient progress.
· Assess the results of pharmaceutical treatments.
· Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects.
· A Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university.
· Registered with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board of Kenya.
· Excellent Public Relations and Communication skills.
· Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making.
· Good knowledge of drug administration and health & safety guidelines.
Family Medicine Practitioner
We are looking for attentive, conscientious candidates with training in diverse medical areas for the position of Family Doctor. Candidates are expected to treat a wide range of medical conditions, develop long-term, personal relationships with their patients, produce individualized healthcare programs based on patient historical data and offer continuous support and health management advice. They should be proactive in building relationships and recommend external specialists when patients require treatment outside of your medical purview.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate good listening skills, show empathy and understanding and communicate clearly and effectively with patients and their families.
· Develop personal relationships with patients.
· Create patient-specific health programs that make use of historical data.
· Monitor and adapt individualized health programs over time.
· Schedule and administer follow-up examinations.
· Make use of patient health data in medical analyses.
· Offer comprehensive wellness exams.
· Administering vaccinations.
· Perform medical operations.
· Recommending specialists for treatment outside of their capacity.
· Educating patients in health management and disease prevention
· MBChB or equivalent
· MMed (Family Medicine) or equivalent, be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Council.
· Experience in equivalent family medical practice will be added advantage
To manage patients requiring medical/surgical care in preventive and curative women’s medicine by being an active member of the exciting and inspiring value-led Obstetrics and Gynaecology team at the M.P. Shah Hospital.
· To provide services in Obstetrics and Gynaecology care as per the duty roster or during emergencies e.g. Mass Casualty Incidents.
· To assist the HOD to continuously improve obstetric and gynaecology services as listed but not limited to:
· Develop and enact clinical protocols in Obstetric and Gynaecological care.
· Champion the development and implementation of the advanced minimal access gynaecology (laparoscopic/hysteroscopic) y programme at the hospital.
· Lead, develop and sustain a team of doctors including but not limited to medical officer interns, medical officers, senior registrars and junior consultants for the safe and efficient provision of Obstetrics and Gynaecology care for the hospital.
· Develop and constantly improve the training curriculum for the hospital’s medical internship programme.
· Mentoring and training the senior registrars in the department.
· Plan and conduct training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology care for various departments in the hospital.
· Ensure the proper use and maintenance of all equipment and assets in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology unit.
· Assist relevant hospital department in the marketing of Obstetrics and Gynaecology services offered by the hospital.
· Champion to adapt novel, evidence-based therapies in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the hospital.
· Mentorship of medical officers assigned to you by the Medical Director’s Office.
· Conduct periodic general and Obstetrics and Gynaecology health related talks to enhance healthy living for staff.
· Assess and vet all prospective Obstetrics and Gynaecology equipment, medication, and clinical tools before purchase by the hospital.
· Actively participate in your appraisal process every year, ensuring the appropriate clinical governance strategies are implemented.
· Conduct quality improvement projects within the department and relevant hospital departments to ensure ongoing quality improvement in the services provided to the patients – audits, research, QI drives, etc.
Ensure good clinical practice
· Develop and maintain your professional performance
· Apply knowledge and experience to practice ethically
· Record your work clearly, accurately and legibly
· Contribute to and comply with systems to protect patients
· Respond to risks to safety – to both patients and colleagues
· Be aware of the risks posed by your health
· Communicate effectively to everyone within the hospital
· Work collaboratively with colleagues
· Teaching, training, supporting and assessing of all cadres
· Continuity and coordination of care
· Establish and maintain partnerships with patients
· Show respect for patients
· Treat patients and colleagues fairly and without discrimination
· Act with honesty and integrity
· MBChB or equivalent recognized by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC)
· MMed or equivalent degree/fellowship in Obstetrics and Gynaecology recognized by KMPDC.
· KMPDB registration and Specialist License.
· Previous experience as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
· Leadership and management skills, team player, firm, cool temperament, flexible, able to work under pressure.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills are mandatory.
· Experience as a consultant in an equivalent set up will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are kindly encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating on the subject of the email the position applied for, on or before Friday, 30th September 2019.
Please note that M P Shah Hospital does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, pre-employment medical examinations or any other fees).