Senior Procurement Officer I
Grade 13 – 1 Post Ref. No. LU/AD/4/09/19
· Be holders of Master’s degree in Procurement and Supplies Management or its equivalent from recognized Institution;
· In addition they must have served at the level of a Senior Procurement Officer II or equivalent for at least three (3) years in a large Government institution;
· Must be conversant with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and regulations;
· Applicants must be of high integrity and able to supervise a large number of staff;
· Be registered with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
· Must be computer literate and ICT competent.
· The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and coordination of the Procurement Services in the University.
Public Health Officer I
Grade 9 – 1 Post Ref. No. LU/AD/3/09/19
· Be holders of a Diploma in Environmental Health Science or Public Health from recognized institution;
· In addition they must have a post-qualification experience of at least 3 years’ experience as a Public Health Officer in a large Government institution;
· Holders of a degree in Environmental Health Science will also be considered.
· Supervise staff under them;
· Inspection of food premises, hostels and staff houses to ensure public health standards are maintained;
· Inspection of meat and other foods;
· Participate in immunization programme within the University;
· Participate in provision of health education;
· Participate in medical examination for food handlers;
· Advise in the control and prevention of insects vectors of disease;
· Collect water samples of bacterial examination and chemical analysis;
· Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Grade 8 – (2 Posts) Ref. No. LU/AD/2/09/19
· Be holders of Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery from a recognized institution;
· Must be registered by Clinical Officers Council. Have at least 2 years clinical experience.
· Undertake history taking, examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of both outpatients and inpatients;
· Sensitize patients, staff, students and clients on preventive/promotive health;
· Counselling and guiding students, staff and clients on health issues e.g. HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug abuse inter alia;
· Conduct medical certification for clients;
· Provide appropriate referrals of patients;
· Perform minor surgical procedures;
· Assessing, preparing, and presenting medical/legal reports as necessary;
· Provide emergency clinical care;
· Ensure maintenance of clinical services procedures and guidelines in provision of services;
Grade 12- 1 post Ref. No. LU/AD/1/09/19
· Be holders of a Bachelors degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) from a recognized University;
· In addition they must be registered with the Medical and Dentists Board and have a current practicing license;
· They must have a working experience of at least 3 years;
· The successful candidate will be in-charge of the health services in the university, and will be expected to formulate and implement health policies in the University.
· In charge of health services in the University;
· Formulate and implement health service policies of the University;
· Responsible for management of resources for the operation of medical services;
· Responsible for formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan;
· Admit and manage patients within the dispensary and outside the University;
· Responsible for the preparation and control of the departmental budget;
· Responsible for the procurement of departmental goods and services;
· Responsible for formulation, co-ordination and implementation of departmental policies;
· Any other duties assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P).
GRADE 15 REF: LU/AD/1/09/19 (1 POST)
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning)
· Hold a first degree in Finance or Accounting;
· Have a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or their equivalent;
· Be qualified either as CPA(K) or ACCA or CA or equivalent;
· Be an active member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Kenya;
· Have at least Six (6) years’ experience in finance with Three (3) years’ experience as a Deputy Finance Officer in a University or equivalent institution;
· Be computer literate with demonstrable practical experience; and
· Demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership, coordination and organization at senior management level.
The Finance Officer shall:
· Manage and oversee prudent utilization of all financial resources of the University;
· Manage insurance and non-current assets;
· Prepare and submit annual estimates of revenue and expenditure to the University Management Board;
· Supervise compliance to budgetary allocation in accordance with the approved annual budgets;
· Receive and process proposals for subscription, donations and requests for necessary approvals;
· Prepare and submit financial reports on income, expenditure and assets of the University;
· Submit all necessary reports including all statutory reports relating to finances of the University;
· Advise the Vice-Chancellor on all public sector accounting matters;
· Implement public sector accounting standards including accounting policies, bases and concepts of government accounting systems, both manual and computerized;
· Advise the University on the best and appropriate financial reporting formats;
· Oversee the implementation of approved University financial and accounting policies and regulations;
· Oversee the development, review and implementation of the University financial management framework and policy;
· Prepare proposals and submit reports on borrowing, mortgaging or charging all or any part of movable and immovable property by the University;
· Prepare and submit periodic reports on administration, relevant statutory requirements and overall status of the department to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning; and
· Perform any such other duties as shall be assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning.
Terms and Conditions of Service
· Successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including the following:
– Salary Scale: Ksh 170,681 – 248,898 per month;
– House Allowance: KShs.73,715 p.m.;
– Medical cover as per the University College Medical Scheme;
– Leave allowance.
· The appointment will be for a contract period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How to apply
· Applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience and membership to professional associations), copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and day time telephone contacts.
· They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
· Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies:
1. Kenya Revenue Authority;
2. Higher Education Loans Board;
3. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
4. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct).
5. Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
· Comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
· Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the posts should be sent via registered mail or courier or delivery by hand in an envelope marked with the Reference number on the left hand side of the envelope” and sent to the under-signed to be received on or before 25th September, 2019
Laikipia University Council,
P.O. Box 1100-20300,
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer.