Business Transformation Officer
The Head of Business Transformation Unit role is focused on improving the value of technology in WFP Kenya. Through working with our internal clients, building strong relationships with senior management and key stakeholders, continual service improvements and mainstreaming of innovations, the shift to a new digital landscape supports our operational requirements.
· Participate in Country Office strategic planning and operational decisions to advocate for results and outcomes that are aligned with WFP corporate policies, standards and strategy.
· Keep abreast of both Technology standards and WFP’s strategic direction to identify new initiatives, provide guidance on Technology options, and adopt best practices to support the Country Office Strategic Plan.
· Engage with the Country Office business units to understand business objectives, gather requirements, and analyze capabilities with the objective of shaping demand for technology products, offering new opportunities to improve business processes, better stakeholder alignment and creating value for money propositions with technology solutions.
· Contribute to the thought leadership and advisory activities with regards to Cash Based Transfers and Country Office beneficiary data management requirements.
· Manage the delivery of projects to ensure solutions transfer into the business in accordance with established overall project objectives and business strategies and requirements.
· Delivery of IT Services for Kenya Country Offices (CO) in alignment with corporate TEC Division governance, guidelines and policies.
· Oversight of managed services ensuring service levels and key performance indicators are met.
· Identification and ownership of continuous service improvements.
· Manage relationships with internal staff and suppliers to ensure effective and efficient technology products and services are delivered.
· Drive a culture where consistent data are effectively used to take decision and drive the implementation of WFP IT innovative solutions.
· Provide leadership and management to BTU staff and act as a point of escalation and coordination for critical incidents.
· Provide regular reports and updates to the Senior Management team and Kenya Country Office units via operational meetings.
· Under the Annual CO Performance plan, set targets for delivery of BTU services and manage risks and mitigations of service provision.
· Review CO programme documents (e.g. submitted for Strategic Programme Review (sPRP) and CSP process), providing inputs to incorporate and strengthen Digital Assistance Service components.
· Participate and encourage capacity building initiatives aimed at building solid Digital Assistance Services expertise amongst IT colleagues in the CO.
· Manage and motivate a team of staff, providing coaching, mentoring, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
· Advanced university degree in business management, computer science, telecommunications engineering or social sciences, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
· At least eight years (of which a minimum of three years internationally) of progressively responsible professional experience in IT or related area, with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in strategy development and digital transformation is highly desirable.
· Experience of delivering IT services that align an organisation’s vision, mission, objectives, strategy, business and user needs.
· Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
· Sound knowledge of ITIL service principles, experienced supplier manager and focused on delivering CSI across production platforms and IT services
· Has managed large projects requiring innovative recommendations and approaches.
· Has managed large teams in complex environments, providing coaching, mentoring and trainings.
· Has built strong relationships with internal and external partners to identify key business issues and identify new/improved IT solutions and services.
· Has international professional experiences.
· Has shown to be consistent, data driven and agile during urgent situations.
· Has shown to be able to gain credibility and respect from the team.
· Has shown to be open to challenges and to share experience and knowledge with team members and colleagues.
· Has shown to be a change agent and take decision based on effective data analysis and user-centric approach.
· Has proven to listen and understand internal and external partners’ needs
· Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
· Strong leadership in managing and developing operational teams and managed service providers in delivering and supporting IT services across all lines of business
· Expertise in budget planning, financial management and resource management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions to non-technical colleagues, establish rapport and persuade others
· Accelerating professional services through industry best practice implementation.
· Ability to lead, train, mentor and coach a highly effective team coupled with project and programme management skills.
· Sound experience in IT Operations, both in HQ and Field contexts
How To Apply:
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Business Support Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
We are seeking a dynamic Business Support Assistant to support the Security unit, under the supervision of the Senior Field Security Officer.
This position will be based in the in Nairobi. Female candidates are particularly and highly encouraged to apply.
· Provide a full range of complex business support services to ensure effective functioning of business operations in the unit;
· Respond to a wide range of queries raised by staff;
· Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate;
· Assist in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are available and used effectively;
· Initiate Purchase Requests/Travel Authorizations/Travel Expense Claims for Security Unit staff and raise Service Entry Sheet/Goods Receipt Notes in liaison with other Area Offices as appropriate;
· Ensure timely payment of all Security contracted services for both Country Office and Area Offices;
· As the travel focal point for the unit, ensure timely flight bookings for staff and cargo;
· Maintain and update attendance and leave records including movements/travel of security staff;
· Act as Security Training Focal Point. Maintain and update the Security training calendar and prepare training reports on a quarterly basis;
· Support the maintenance of the warden system and keep up-to-date information related to staff residences;
· Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff as required;
· Assist in reporting security incidents affecting WFP staff, offices and assets, and preparation of a variety of security reports as required;
· Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized for easy retrieval;
· Assist the Security Unit in the implementation and compliance of all security risk management mitigating measures;
· Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices in the area of work;
· Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements;
· Report all cases where staff members and/or their eligible family members have been victims of crimes;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
· Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
· Four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administration work.
· Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
· Knowledge and experience in of common business processes, procedures and systems in area of work;
· Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies;
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and monitor budgets;
· Courtesy, tact and the ability to maintain effective working relations with a variety of people across all functions;
· Judgement and interpersonal skills to deal with clients on difficult and sensitive matters;
· Ability to train, organize, asses and coordinate the work of others;
· Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of UN/WFP administrative regulations and rules in the area of work is an added advantage.
How To Apply:
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.