Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - Two men collapsed and died aboard an Ethiopian Arline flight after the drugs they had swallowed burst open in their stomach.
They boarded the plane in Brazil and were en route to Ethiopia.
Despite being placed on oxygen during the 12-hour flight, the drug mules died before an emergency landing could be conducted.
An eyewitness wrote;
“At this moment, am in Ethiopian Airline from Brazil to Ethiopia my sit number is 30D which falls at the middle in between two men ,they are all black skin like me ......,The flight was 12hrs journey ,the young man at my right ask me to check the flight map to know how far we have gone which I did we already half the journey ......
Then he said to me do you speak Igbo I said yes, he said he doesn’t know if he will make this journey that it seems the drugs he swallowed must have expired its stay in his system ,then my mind sink right inside my stomach ,I began to shiver ,he said don’t be scared it’s not in the bag is inside my body ....he said I should stand and get him drinking water
I refuse standing cos I was scared he may insert something in my bag ,I have to wave for the air hostess to come ,she came and serve him water ,he demands for food ,he was given .....he became calm ,few minutes later he brought an olive oil from his bag and drink .........
This moment I was confused I don’t know what to do ,then he started shivering /panicked & fell down that was when all the doctors in the plane assembled, questioning, asking his country & tribe ,his blood was tested for sugar samples & high blood pressure.....he was able to open that he swallowed drugs.
Watch the video below.
The Kenyan DAILY POST