Monday, September 23, 2019- As parents come to terms with the tragedy at Precious Talent School that has left seven children dead and several injured, the owner of the school has broken his silence.
Mr. Moses Wainaina, has apportioned blame on Nairobi Governor, Mike Sonko’s administration for the tragedy.
Wainaina says that a sewer line which was recently dug behind the classroom by Nairobi County officials weakened the building’s foundation leading to its collapse.
“They had good intentions to help this school but an accident has happened,” he said as he tried to calm furious parents.
The morning tragedy has claimed the lives of 7 children with several receiving treatment at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH)
Acting KNH CEO Evanson Kamuri has confirmed that most of the admitted pupils are in stable condition
“Only two are in serious condition, the boy has injuries on his lung and kidneys while the girl has soft tissue injuries but has no internal damages. So far the rest have only have soft tissue injuries but are in stable condition. We have done MRI and CT scan and so far so good,” Kamuri said.
It is not yet clear how many pupil were in the collapsed classroom when the building went down, but the school has close to 800 pupils.