Job Group ‘G’
Salary Ksh.20,800 x 980 – 21,780 x 980 – 22,760 x 1,020 – 23,780 x 1,080 – 24,810 x 1,050 – 25,860 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs.3,200 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Kshs: 4,000 p.m
Leave Entitlement: 30 working days per year.
Leave Allowance: Kshs: 4,000 (Twice yearly)
Hardship Allowance: Kshs.5,700 pm
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Mean Grade C-(minus) with at least C (plain) in English or Kiswahili language or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
· Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BEC &GC) from the Kenya National Examination Council in the following subjects.
· Typing II (minimum 40 w.p.m) /Computerized Document Processing II
· Business English 1/Communications I
· Office Practice I
· Commerce I OR
· Craft certificate in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examination Council; and
· Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
· Taking oral dictation, word and data processing from manuscripts, operating office equipment;
· ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records, attending to visitors/clients, handling telephone calls and appointments; and
· undertaking any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make their application by completing one (1) PSC 2(Revised 2016) application form, which can be downloaded from the PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2forms together with copies of applicant’s Academic/Professional Certificates should reach the Principal Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, State Department for Livestock ,P.O Box 34188-00100,Nairobi or hand delivered to the office of the Director Human Resource Management and Development, Kilimo House-2nd Floor(HRM Registry, so as to reach the office on or before 9th September, 2019 (Latest 5:00Pm).
Please note that:-
· Candidates should not attach original documents to the application form.
· Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
· Conversing in any form will lead to automate disqualification.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation. State Department for Livestock is committed to implementing the provision of the Constitution, chapter 232(1) on competition and merit representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all other groups and persons with disabilities.