Wednesday September 25, 2019-Nairobi Governor, Mike Sonko, has suspended 16 county officials over Tuesday’s tragedy at Precious Talent School in Dagoreti where 8 students died when a school building collapsed.
In a statement he issued on Wednesday, Sonko said he has fired the officials because of their negligence where 8 students succumbed and 64 injured.
Listing the suspended county officials, Sonko further warned that he will ensure that “drastic measures [are taken] to reverse the effects of years of flouting Physical Planning Regulations and restore order and sanity.
The suspended county officials are:
1.Charles Kerich, the current County Executive Committee Member (CECM) for Finance and Economic Planning, who is the immediate former CECM for Lands and Urban Planning.
2. Mohammed Dagane – CECM Health (responsible for general public health and safety).
3. Justus Kathenge-suspended County Chief Officer for Urban Planning (to continue in suspension)
4. Jusper Ndeke-Director Planning Compliance and Enforcement
5. Dominic Mutegi-Development Management Director
6. Ochanda Ondari Fredrick- Assistant Director Enforcement
7. Ruth Waruguru- Director Urban Planning
8. Thomas Dudi-Assistant Director Planning
9. Simon Onyango- Development Officer (regularization of buildings/approval of architectural plans)
10. Alex Mucheru-Development Control (overseeing approvals of buildings and schools on behalf of public health and safety)
11. Mackline Saitera-Development Control (approval of building plans and school inspection)
12. Edna Guantai-In-charge of approval of public buildings and schools on behalf of public health
13. Joyce Kyengo-Dagoretti South Sub-County Administrator
14. Lucy Wairimu Munyika- Dagoretti South Sub-County Commander.
15. Sylivia Mwikali Nthinga- Dagoretti South Sub-County Planning Officer
16. Okal Kennedy-Ngando Ward Administrator.
The Kenyan DAILY POST