Friday September 27, 2019 - Interior Coordination Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiangi, has admitted that the banned Mungiki group is back in Central Kenya.
Speaking in Gatundu on Thursday, Matiangi who was sent by President Uhuru Kenyatta over the rising insecurity in the region said his Ministry will deal ruthlessly criminals who are calling themselves Mungiki.
“I have been sent by the President following the bad security reports that we have been receiving from Kiambu, which have even shocked us, especially from Gatundu South.”
“I have also come to tell you that we will do our work,” Matiangi said in Mutomo, the home town of President Uhuru Kenyatta
“I apologise for what has been happening and I assure you that this will not happen again.”
“Kenyans should not suffer considering that you have given us a job to protect you,” Matiangi added.
Last month, a gang of criminals armed with guns and crude weapons attacked an elderly lady and raped her granddaughter in turns.
They also went to her neighbor’s house where they beat her son to death.
The Kenyan DAILY POST