Tuesday September 3, 2019-Renowned football legend, McDonald Mariga, on Monday bagged a huge win after beating 16 aspirants for the Kibra by-election seat.
This was after the Jubilee Party's National Elections Board (NEB) interviewed the aspirants on the same day, settling on Mariga after closed-door deliberations.
Reports intimated that Mariga scored 500 points out of the maximum 600, boasting a clean A in the interviews.
Mariga beat his competitors by a huge margin, with the first runners up, Hussein Ramadhan Abdi scoring 371 marks, closely followed by Peter Morris Kinyanjui with 367 marks.
Areas of testing included knowledge of party policies, ability to finance campaigns, understanding of parliamentary work and his vision for Kibra.
Here are questions asked by the panel during the interviews.
1. Are you a registered voter and where? (5 marks)Why did you join Jubilee party? (2 marks)
2. Do you know what is in the Jubilee manifesto, Name at least 3? (15 marks )
4. How much have you paid for nomination fees? (5 marks )
5. Have you set up your campaign team /if yes name your campaign finance committee? ( 10 marks)
6. How much have you set aside? (15marks)
7. If you do not have your financial resources, Give proof of commitments and amounts? (5marks)
8. Have you ever vie before yes /no? (5 marks) If yes which party /year? (5 marks )
9. How many votes did you get? (5 marks)
10. Have you been nominated /appointed to a public office? (3 marks)
11. If yes which position and how long did you serve? (2 marks)
12. How aware are you with the responsibilities of the office you are vying for? (10marks)
13. What impact do you think you will make in five years? (10 marks ).
The Kenyan DAILY POST