GRADE 15 REF: LU/AD/1/09/19 (1 POST)
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning)
· Hold a first degree in Finance or Accounting;
· Have a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or their equivalent;
· Be qualified either as CPA(K) or ACCA or CA or equivalent;
· Be an active member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Kenya;
· Have at least Six (6) years’ experience in finance with Three (3) years’ experience as a Deputy Finance Officer in a University or equivalent institution;
· Be computer literate with demonstrable practical experience; and
· Demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership, coordination and organization at senior management level.
The Finance Officer shall:
· Manage and oversee prudent utilization of all financial resources of the University;
· Manage insurance and non-current assets;
· Prepare and submit annual estimates of revenue and expenditure to the University Management Board;
· Supervise compliance to budgetary allocation in accordance with the approved annual budgets;
· Receive and process proposals for subscription, donations and requests for necessary approvals;
· Prepare and submit financial reports on income, expenditure and assets of the University;
· Submit all necessary reports including all statutory reports relating to finances of the University;
· Advise the Vice-Chancellor on all public sector accounting matters;
· Implement public sector accounting standards including accounting policies, bases and concepts of government accounting systems, both manual and computerized;
· Advise the University on the best and appropriate financial reporting formats;
· Oversee the implementation of approved University financial and accounting policies and regulations;
· Oversee the development, review and implementation of the University financial management framework and policy;
· Prepare proposals and submit reports on borrowing, mortgaging or charging all or any part of movable and immovable property by the University;
· Prepare and submit periodic reports on administration, relevant statutory requirements and overall status of the department to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning; and
· Perform any such other duties as shall be assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning.
Terms and Conditions of Service
· Successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including the following:
– Salary Scale: Ksh 170,681 – 248,898 per month;
– House Allowance: KShs.73,715 p.m.;
– Medical cover as per the University College Medical Scheme;
– Leave allowance.
· The appointment will be for a contract period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How to apply
· Applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience and membership to professional associations), copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and day time telephone contacts.
· They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
· Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies:
1. Kenya Revenue Authority;
2. Higher Education Loans Board;
3. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
4. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct).
5. Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
· Comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
· Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the posts should be sent via registered mail or courier or delivery by hand in an envelope marked with the Reference number on the left hand side of the envelope” and sent to the under-signed to be received on or before 25th September, 2019
Laikipia University Council,
P.O. Box 1100-20300,
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer.