Job Title: Declaration Clerk
Position Summary: Declaration Clerk will be responsible for executing documentation related activities biased towards actual entry preparation all geared towards declaration team targets and eventually enhancing company performance.
The incumbent will be responsible for executing all Declaration and customs regulations provisions end-to-end, related with Trucking, Customs House Brokerage, Warehousing and Cargo-Insurance. On a day to day basis, this role will be required to ensure timely declaration of entries and support the customer service teams in resolution of customer queries related to documents, Customs provision related to cargo import export and warehousing.
· Understanding, interpreting and executing customs entry (ALL REGIMES) declaration to the satisfaction of Customs Dept. and our clients at large.
Expectations from the Role (The outcomes that the job holder is expected to drive through fulfilment of his/her responsibilities)
· Operations Delivery
· Entries be declared it time as per KPI given.
· Data Quality-Ensure accurate declaration to evade customs and other statutory bodies penalties
· Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues / escalations
· Ensure adherence to the SOP & create/modify as appropriate
· Identify the areas of improvement & implementation of process improvement initiative
· Timely and accurate interpretation of Hs Codes to Customs and Client satisfaction
· 24 hours period to declare entries- given all factors constant such as system stability and multiplicity of items.
· 24 hours to response period to mails/and customer services
Required knowledge & Skills
· Diploma in freight forwarding or Shipping Course from a reputable Certified Training school.
· Mandatory knowledge in use of declaration systems:
1. Integrated Customs Management System (ICMS)
3. Tradex/Simba System
· Five years’ experience in Similar or Equivalent position
Only qualified candidates willing to work in Mombasa should send their application letters and CV’s including names of three referees, a daytime telephone contact and current and expected salary to email@example.com. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.