Reporting To: Branch Operations Manager
Overall Job Purpose
The Cash Officer will be responsible for processing customer’s cash receipts and payments so as to enhance customer satisfaction.
· To proactively engage customers by offering them product and services in order to enhance customer loyalty/retention.
· To positively identify the customers by scrutinizing the documents against the banking system in order to avoid losses.
· To receive cash and cheques by verifying the genuineness so as to minimize the losses to the bank.
· To cross sell bank products by interviewing the customers over the counter in order to enhance business growth.
· To reconcile cash by day end balancing to ensure accurate bank balances.
· To prepare various reports to inform branch management.
· To observe laid down operating procedures to ensure internal controls are adhered to.
· A business related degree from an accredited university.
· Six months experience,experience in banking or a similar role will be an added advantage.
· Knowledge of banking products and procedures.
Key Competencies and Skills
· Excellent knowledge and use of MS Office applications.
· Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Skilled at receiving and processing banking transactions.
· Strong mathematical skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures.
· Must be a self-driven individual, team player and have integrity.