Group Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the incumbent will establish and maintain mechanisms and systems of Internal control to assist UAP OldMutual in meeting Legal, regulatory and supervisory obligations and to promote and sustain a sound compliance culture by ensuring legal and regulatory compliance implications are integrated into material strategic, financial and operational decisions.
· Relevant Business related degree. Masters is an added advantage
· Over seven (7) years of hands on regulatory compliance experience in the Financial Services Industry
· Professionsl qualifications in compliance
· Ability to have a positive impact on people
· Proactive and can anticipate the needs of his/her customers
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· confident and assertive
· ability to interract at all level
· Ability to structure responsibilities, tasks and project management to eliminate wasted time and efforts
· Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
· Maintains a high level of attention to detail and is highly organized
· Energetic and positive attitude with a willingness to learn
· Ability to maintain high service standards and problem solve effectively when faced with challenges
· Effective team work planning
· Effective coaching and training of the team
· Rigorous team performance management
· Establish and maintain an effective regulatory compliance framework
· Ensure an effective regulatory compliance management system is in place
· Implement and maintain compliance risk indicators and performance measures for monitoring the levels of compliance risk
· Implement and maintain adequate compliance governance structures including written policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
· Oversee compliance control adequacy and effectiveness, mitigating management actions and exposure versus appetite limits and identify operating model deficiencies and capability gaps
· Meet regulatory obligations applicable to the function
· Advise the Board and Managing Excecutives on Compliance culture.
· Advise and challenge the relevant Board and Managing Executives from compliance perspective on strategic decision making and business planning objectives.
· Develop and implement an annual functional operational plan and advise the Business on the design and implementation of compliance controls and related mitigation processes, projects and change programs.
· Ensure employees undergo training on regulatory compliance obligations and the UAP Old Mutual Code of Ethics and have access to confidential mechanisms to report compliance and ethical breaches.
Credit Risk Analyst
Key Measurable Goals
· Management of credit risks through analysis and recommend approvals for facilities within the Institutions tolerable risk levels
· Adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
· Ensure that the PAR of the Group and SME Portfolio is within target
· Ensure high turnaround time (TAT) for Group and SME Credit proposals
· Analyze the SME Credit requests against all the canons of lending (Character, Capacity , Conditions , Capital , and Collateral ) as a basis for making approval / decline recommendations
· Prepare the Sanction sheets and offer letters based on 1 above and ensure accuracy , completeness and neatness of the same for further approval by relevant Head office Credit Committees
· Prepare draft board papers for facilities requiring approval by the Risk Management Committee of the board for further review by management at Credit Administration departments
· Follow up with the branches to ensure fulfillment of ALL sanction conditions and other covenants prior disbursement of the facilities
· Submission of securities to security perfection officer within 12 hours of receipt from branches for further advise to legal department
· Recommend policy reviews for customer service and risk management improvement based on experiences and industry trends
· Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
· Business related degree.
· Credit Risk Management Course.
· 3 year experience in credit analysis in an SME environment, debt collection and recovery.
· Knowledge in accountancy an obvious advantage
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
Accountant (Revenue Assurance)
Key measurable goals
· General ledger maintenance including reconciliations-systems data
· System related reviews
· Revenue assurance
· Daily checks of incomes income accruals
· Daily Checks of Interest expense accruals
· Checks of new products set ups in the system.
· Creation of new T24 accounts in GP
· Reconciliation of all GL control accounts( T24 Vs GP)
· Ensuring compliance to revenue assurance control measures.
General ledger maintenance- T24 and other interfaced Systems
· Integration of data from Peripheral systems (T24) into Great Plains for reporting purposes
· Follow-up and resolve of unreconciled GL items/Issue log
System related reviews and process improvements
· Main liaison with any T24 project implementation as the finance team representative
· T24 data reviews against interfaced systems
· Daily monitoring of the T24 GL imbalances and processing of collections
· Degree in Business related Studies
· CPA (K) /ACCA
· Financial management & reporting writing skills.
· Excellent Computer packages knowledge.
· Knowledge of T24, Great Plains
· At least 2 years working experience in a busy financial, reporting function
Corporate Accounts Manager
To assess, price and determine terms for medical risks, presented within set standards of service in a manner to ensure quality selection of risks and timely services
· Degree in relevant field
· Insurance qualification
· Experience 5 years
· Determine acceptability of risks, monitor and review terms of accounts assigned
· Supervise, train and mentor staff on technical matters to ensure their skills are sharpened
· Ensure timely and accurate debiting of premium and endorsement of cover conditions
· Supervise preparation of renewal notices, timely dispatch and follow up
· Prepare underwriting reports and statistics for management review.
· Review risk assessment and rating systems and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
· Continually monitor clients claims experience/ benefit utilization and recommend underwriting action
· Check and sign underwriting document to authenticate it
· Maintain effective business relationships to ensure effective delivery of service
· Monitor service standards within the section to ensure high quality customer service is delivered.
· Assist in marketing company products and services to intermediaries and potential clients.
Skills & Competencies
· Good communication skills
· Good IT skills
· Diplomacy and tact