Title: Accountant – Embu
Gross Salary: 30K-40K
Our client is an indigenous company which specializes in dairy, poultry & fish production and export of fresh produce targeted for the European market. They seek to hire an experienced Accountant who will be tasked with the day to day accounts operations matters and ensuring the company’s compliance with accounting standards and practices.
· Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
· Ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment
· Administering VAT and processing returns
· Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
· Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
· Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
· Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
· Ensuring all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organized manner
· Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time
· Diploma in Business Management/Accountant or related fields
· A CPA(K) holder
· At least 2 years’ experience in accounting
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages such as Pastel, Sage, QuickBooks
· The suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
· They should also be dynamic and a team player
· Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
· Have high good attention to detail