Job Vacancy: Senior Accountant – Athi River
Location: Athi River
Reporting to: Directors
Salary: 70k – 100k
Our client is a well-established organization in the industrial waste management space.
They are looking for a well experienced Senior Accountant.
The candidate will handle implementation and maintenance of the necessary systems and controls to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain the integrity of its financial data and operations.
· Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
· Provide feedback on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
· Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
· Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
· Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
· Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
· Ensure that the company does not have stock outs, and that orders are placed in a timely manner for all replenishment.
· Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
· Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
· Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
· Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
· Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Senior Management for review and sign off.
· Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
· Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
· At least 4 years’ experience of accounting
· Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
· MUST have experience working in a busy distribution company
· Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to advise critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements. Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
· Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, and proactive.
· Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity.
· Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals.
· Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant – Athi River) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th September 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
NB: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.