Business Development Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Other Relationships : HR/ Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing
The Business Development Manager is in charge of developing business solutions. The main goal is to generate more revenue for the company. They will manage client accounts and come up with new sales ideas. This includes new sales strategies; sales pitch, maintaining a good working relationship with new clients and business plans.
· Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
· Create and implement a structured plan to achieve set targets
· Creating sales pitches
· Executing sales objectives
· Negotiate payment, prices and delivery terms with wholesale clients.
· Planning and preparing presentations (where necessary)
· Help the business grow social media product sales.
· Communicating new product development to prospective and existing clients.
· Writing reports and graphs at the end of every month or by the 5th of the following month.
· Providing management with feedback
· Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
· Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with sales representatives, team leaders and managers, and executives to evaluate sales strategy and results
· Prepare proposals, detailed costing and contract documents for review by the CEO prior to negotiation with clients.
· Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solutions pitch, negotiation, and close.
· Motivating team members to exceed expected goals.
· Developing ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
· Researching market and industry trends
· Attending networking events.
· A Diploma or Degree in business related field with 5 years’ experience in cosmetics industry
· Proven working experience as a business development manager or a relevant role
· Experience in customer support is a plus
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Ability to build rapport
· Time management and planning skills
· Previous sales experience and a strategic thinker, previous contacts essential
· Well-developed negotiation skills
· A strong results orientation with a track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
· Proven ability to identify and develop relationships with key accounts
· A self-starter with a tenacious and autonomous attitude towards developing new business and managing targets
· Energetic and aggressive with personal selling experience with wide sales network.
· Good analytical and leadership skills, a leader who knows how to motivate and control a team
· Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Experience in beauty industry will be a plus.
· An interest, enthusiasm and passion for beauty products
Reports to: Sales Manager
Other Relationships: Accounts, HR/Operations, Stores
· Maintaining and increasing sales of company’s products.
· Cleaning the shop and maintaining high level of personal hygiene
· Understand all the products in details
· Make up application to clients
· Increasing sales and growing the business Naturally meet or exceed sales goals and targets (daily and monthly)
· Report to Shop Manager on status of testers within the shop and maintaining them in compliance with the hygiene standards.
· Maintain standards of cleanliness within the shop
· Building strong client relationships and providing superior customer service
· Accountability of sales reports (Z-report , M-pesa and book report)
· Proper use of company machines and equipment
· Implement and support new promotions and product launches
· Profile prospective accounts and convert leads into customers
· Provide timely reports to management including calendar activities, sales calls, sales reports etc.
· Responsible for presenting an image at all times that reflects the knowledge of cosmetic lines sold by the company
· Do makeup applications, skincare analysis, and product demonstrations to the clients
· Ensure that all testers within the shop are continuously in stock and maintained in compliance with the hygiene standards.
· Help clients discover their own beauty by complimenting them
· Excellent communicator and presentable
· Cosmetics retail experience and/or product specialist/sales experience
· Use make up on daily basis
· Excellent customer service skills and committed to providing superior service
· Committed to building relationships with customers
· Energetic and dependable, motivated and results driven
· Work with less or no supervision. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Proven track record of cosmetic sales
· Demonstrates significant competency in sales, products and service.
· Excellent relationship building skills
· A genuine interest in beauty products
· Make up Artistry experience in a retail environment will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job title in the subject field to email@example.com. Deadline of application is 19th August, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted