Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Chief Accountant ensures delivery of all financial accounting objectives in line with the overall company goals, manage the members of staff in the department and ensure that the department meets its targets.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
· Maintain the general ledger in accordance with IFRS for all transactions.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations covering the entire general ledger.
· Produce accounting reports and financial statements within the deadlines set by the Group and the various legal bodies.
· Plan and prepare annual audit of financial and management reports within specified schedules.
· Ensure optimal and smooth operation of the company’s accounting systems by continuously reviewing their operation and/or recommending additional functionalities.
Financial Controls and Risk Management
· Check that the Group’s accounting procedures and principles are correctly applied in close cooperation with the Controlling department.
· Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
· Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system
· Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset and other company registers.
· Supervise and check the release of end-of-year local accounts, tax and legal statements.
· Ensure reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
· Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations. Oversee the preparation of company’s tax returns and other statutory deductions.
· Establish and monitor key staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
· Develop key staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
· Promote a high performance and continuous improvement culture that values learning and a commitment to quality.
· Undertake any other duties as appropriate or as assigned from time to time.
· Ensure that the level of technical ability in the team is high.
· Propose and implement all initiatives that aim to improve productivity in the process of providing accounting information at both the financial information system level and the information flow level.
· Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
· Registered Member of ICPAK (CPA (K)) or internationally recognized professional accountancy body.
· Min 5 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting.
· Relevant experience in audit in a large / international audit firm would be an added advantage.
· Working experience with ERP systems would be an added advantage.
· Leading People
· Managing Professionally
· Managing Conflict
· Customer Thinking
· Collaborating and Co-operating
· Relationship Building
· Communication (Written and Verbal)
· Computer literacy
· Accounting and auditing skills
Reporting to the Labour Efficiency manager, the Administrator – Easy Roster will ensure the integrity and accuracy of information processed on the company’s employee roster and attendance system, in compliance with legislation and company policies and procedure.
· Create and maintain accurate Customer records on the Easy Roster (ER) database, as required for all contractual and ad hoc / sundry guarding customers.
· Create and maintain rosters for all Customer sites on the ER system, ensuring the provision of manpower in compliance with contractual requirements.
· Print duty rosters for CSM/Contract Managers
· In cooperation with the HR Department, create, maintain and update accurate employee records on the ER database
· Export the correct roster hours worked to the payroll for payment within specified deadlines and time frame
· Relevant tertiary education
· Previous experience as Data input assistance / administrator
· Knowledge of wage and labour management procedures
· Advanced computer skills (IT advantageous)
· Communication skills (written and verbal)
· Delivering great customer service
· Sharing and cooperating
· Dealing with changing circumstances
· Understanding the organizational environment
· Attention to detail