Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a stock accountant to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in maintaining accurate stock listings.
· Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts.
· Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances to the management.
· Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
· Report shortfalls and surplus inventory, weekly and monthly for replenishment;
· Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers;
· Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms, and raise non-conformity reports where applicable;
· Ensure that finished goods dispatched to the customers are matched with the actual invoices issued to the customers;
· Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence;
· Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
· Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock;
· Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items; Finished Goods, raw materials, spare parts and other consumables;
· Ensure stock ledger entries are properly coded and classified;
· Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the system records to capture any anomalies; and
· Assist the Stock Accountant in other relevant tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor degree in Business / Accounting / Finance or related field or Minimum CPA -K
· 3 years minimum experience in manufacturing industry
· Specific experience in stock accounting and management is mandatory.
· Experience in stores operations/ management.
· Computer literate with hands on experience in use of Pastel accounting software, Sage, QuickBooks and ERP
· Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Team player with good communication skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Person of high integrity, honest and self-discipline
If qualified please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Assistant Stock Accountant’ by 21st August 2019.
Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a Quality Controllerto join their team.
Overall duties: Responsible for supervising and managing the quality standards of all bakery products and enhance the company image in terms of high standards of its products with special emphasis on hygiene and cleanliness.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To maintain the image of the company by ensuring that all surfaces are kept spotlessly clean, hygienic and all customers products are packaged professionally.
· Ensure all ingredients received comply with the minimum standards and product specification as per the company requirement.
· Ensure all products and raw materials are received correctly.
· Ensure recipes and procedures are followed on all products.
· Ensure that all machine settings are in accordance with the approved operational specification for various products.
· Ensure that only quality approved products leave the bakery.
· Ensure that the method of distribution does not affect the product quality.
· Maintain hygiene and cleaning levels in all sections inclusive of the vehicles.
· Maintain health and safety levels within the bakery and full compliances towards legal aspects on medicals for all employees.
· Maintain high levels of personal hygiene in the factory.
· Ensue all products are quality tested in conjunction with production Manager
· Ensure our products in the market are well presented and that the quality of our products in the bakery is always a level above our competitors
· To organize hygienic inspection frequently in the bakery.
· Must understand the preparation of all products in all sections of the bakery
· Ensure all employee maintain set hygiene standards through out
· Effect hygiene rules which must be followed.
· Demonstrate good judgment and good diplomatic skills by effectively changing attitudes on cleanliness and hygiene in staff.
· Conduct research and development on new products/services
· Train staff on cleaning procedures, new cleaning techniques and other relevant requirements
· Stay updated with new materials and technology with a view to incorporate them in the company, while being effective and economical.
· Be up to date with latest development in the relevant consumer markets in order to know how the company is performing against our competitors.
Qualifications & Skills
· Graduate in Chemistry /Chemical Engineering/Food Technology/Microbiology/Food Science
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Food Industry in the field of Quality control and/or Analytical Laboratory. Experience in Baking industry is an added advantage
· Any combination of experience and/or education to perform the job allotted
Key Performance Indicates
· Regular swab tests
· Set strategies on standards
· Communicate and handle all customer complaints regarding quality of products
· Ensure bakery is clean and hygienic at all times
If qualified please send your CV to email@example.com with the title ‘Quality Controller’ by 21st August 2019.
Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a supervisor to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure smooth day to day operations.
· Responsible for providing outstanding customer service that meets or exceeds expectations
· Supervise the work of others in the department, ensuring production and service standards are being met at all time.
· Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
· Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
· Keeps display equipment, floors and counters clean and free of debris.
· Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
· Liaison with the staff, ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained in the work area.
· Train new staffs as well as existing staff member in the preparation and baking the various products
· To ensure minimal wastage in production and that all costs are strictly controlled (less than 1% of revenue of raw material loss).
· Ensure that the dispatch process which includes assembling and documentation is done error free and on time.
· Practice teamwork and work closely with other supporting departments’ e.g. Sales, stores, finance towards achievement of company goals.
· Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
· Professional Qualification in food production
· 5 years’ experience as a Bakery Supervisor will be an added advantage
· High levels of integrity
· High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for products, core values, and company philosophy
· Ability to follow directions and established procedures
· Ability to direct the work of others
· Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
· Strong knowledge of general bakery practices and procedures a plus
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
If qualified please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘supervisor-bakery’ by 21st August 2019.
Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a production managerto join their team.
The Production Manager is responsible for production, monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner.
He/she provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production leaders in the department.
He/she is responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits, good manufacturing practices, compliance with local regulations (OSHA, Department of Health, etc.) and HACCP.
· Planning and organizing production schedules.
· Assessing production and resource requirements.
· Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with sales and finance managers.
· Determining quality control standards.
· Overseeing production processes.
· Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
· Upholding Good Manufacturing Practices by overseeing the implementation / observation of laid down prerequisite programmes / procedures, monitoring and auditing.(Including workplace organization)
· Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters for continual improvement
· Promoting Safety & Health of all workers and equipment in the Plant
· Doing production reconciliation; SAP, Sage and Excel at the same time keeping production cost low by ensuring that production consumables & tools consumption are optimally utilized and driving root cause analysis initiatives on all non-conformities.
Qualifications & Skills
· Strong background and work experience in Bakery Production for 10 years.
· Bachelor Degree in Food Production or Relevant Courses.
· Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders’, proofers, etc
· Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards
· A good understanding of working within a budget and meeting those goals.
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
· Budget development and oversight experience
· A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· Knowledge of tax and other compliance
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Delegate responsibilities effectively
If qualified please send your CV to email@example.com with the title “production manager” by 21st August 2019.