African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Job Vacancy: Temporary Research Assistant
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
APHRC invites applications for the position of a temporary Research Assistant in its Joep Lange Study.
The main aim of this project is to evaluate the existing capacity of the health system to manage chronic diseases and the policy environment that supports chronic disease management in five key regions in Kenya: Nairobi/Central, Western/Nyanza, Rift valley, Coast/North Eastern and Eastern.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and coordinate field work in the execution of the research project to ensure timely implementation of field operations
· Coordinate mobilization and sensitization of health facilities in relation to the research project
· Monitor field work and ensure field staff adhere to data quality guidelines
· Lead the development of fieldwork progress reports as per the laid down schedule
· Conduct spot checks and edit questionnaires
· Coordinate all field logistical activities pertaining to the project
· Other task assigned by the supervisor, project manager and principal investigator
Minimum qualifications required:
· Degree in Public Health, any Social Science, or other related fields
· At least 2-years post-qualification experience in research including coordinating fieldwork or research activities at the community level
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience working in health facility surveys will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business August 16, 2019.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email. ‘Research Assistant Joep Lange Project’