Jalaram Academy – Kisumu, Kenya
Open Positions: Teachers / Instructors
Jalaram Academy is a top notch international school in Kisumu offering IGCSE / British Curriculum system is looking for an exceptional individual to be part of their teaching team.
ICT Teacher / Instructor
ICT Teacher / Instructor will be expected to teach senior classes.
The applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Must be a trained teacher
· Must be registered with TSC
· Must be a degree holder – Bachelor in Education – ICT or PGDE (ICT)
· Minimum of two (2) years of working experience in a reputable school
· Knowledge of the current trends in their subject areas
· Familiar with Edexcel curriculum
Female Physical Education Teacher
PE Teacher will be expected to deliver high quality instruction in order to develop young people’s understanding of healthy lifestyle and develop their physical skills.
The candidate will ideally have a strong sporting background and experience of coaching teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Deliver PE lessons as required across Junior and Senior schools
· Plan coordinated PE scope and sequence, which articulates the programme and ensures that it is age appropriate by referencing against external benchmarks.
· Coach one or more teams or helping with Contributing to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students.
· Informing parents and guardians about students’ progress.
· Hold a Bachelor of Education Degree or a general degree with a PGDE.
· Must be registered with TSC
· Must have served as a teacher for at least 2 years some of which in teaching and demonstrated a high degree of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
· Experience in private school offering IGCSE/British curriculum will be an added advantage.
Female Swimming Coach / Tutor
Duties, Responsibilities & Skills Required
· Overseeing the safety of swimmers.
· Plan the pool activities.
· Ensure that the water standards meet safety standard requirements.
· Coaching children and developing their swimming skills and confidence in water.
· Ability to supervise a small team of staff comprising of life guards, pool attendants.
· Ability to interact with children starting from the toddler group to secondary level, teachers and parents.
· Should be a team player.
· Adaptable to a multicultural and multi-racial working environment.
· Diploma in sports management or related degree.
· YMCA swimming coach and lifeguard certificate or equivalent.
· Knowledge in pool treatment.
· Valid first aid certificate and advanced first aid knowledge.
· Computer literate.
· Minimum 3years’ experience as a swimming coach in a school.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and you are interested in being part of the team forward your applications with copies of academic qualifications,testimonials and professional certificates along with a detailed curriculum vitae to reach the undersigned not later than 30th August 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post