Responsible for development definition of engineering standards within his/her discipline in the company and third-party fleets with a view of optimizing airline and customer aircraft product cost whilst maintaining safety standards
· Carry out analysis for airworthiness directives (ADs); manufacturer’s service bulletins (SBs), service information letters (SILs) and call out for accomplishment as necessary
· Prepare engineering orders to provide procedures to be used in aircraft maintenance activities
· Carry out analysis of assigned defects, delays and significant events to establish root cause and necessary corrective actions recommendations
· Provide technical support to the maintenance team on technical matters
· Carry out fleet reliability analysis to contribute towards reliability reports development
· Initiate preliminary investigations and formulate a recommendation of corrective and preventive actions for conditions that are above alert limits
· Continuous monitoring of corrective actions to determine their effectives
· Liaison on technical issues to respective original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with a view to improve reliability and cost effectiveness
· Developing ETOPS, MELs and Flight Test manuals to ensure that they meet the local authority requirements.
· Developing Aircraft Interior Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPA) for different aircraft in Kenya Airways fleet. During VVIP operations, prepare the VVIP LOPA and have it approved by the Director General of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA).
· Carry out component repair and overhaul capability for shops to facilitate regulatory requirements
· Transcribe worksheets from CMM for workshop floor use
· Liaise with manufacturers and vendors on reliability issues
· Graduate from a recognized university (Mechanical, Aeronautical Electrical/Electronics or equivalent).
· Successfully completed graduate training programme
· Successfully completed a full type course on one aircraft in the fleet.
· Successfully completed graduate training programme or at least 3 year relevant engineering experience
· Detailed knowledge on the KCAA/EASA/FAA regulations and the Kenya Airways engineering procedures
· Knowledge of analytical software
· Computer literate
· Demonstrated competence in engineering practices.
Team Leader (Baggage Services)
Role Purpose Statement
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe, Secure and working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirement of the customer airlines
· Maintain awareness and brief all staff with regards to occupational/operational safety and adhere to standard procedures. This should include third party contractor’s staff.
· Pre-plan for adequate manpower and equipment as per work load and their effective deployment.
· Ensure bags are sorted and handled according to the airline Service Level Agreement.
· Ensure serviceability of all equipment at the sorting area, prompt reporting/recording of faults and follow up to ensure continuous operations.
· Ensure accounting and reconciliation of all bags at the sorting area.
· Constantly monitor staff to prevent baggage theft or pilferage and report any deficiency.
· Trouble- shoots and liaises with BRS staff in case of problems with scanners or bags.
· Ensure that interline transfer bags are accounted for and transferred timely to ensure On Time Performance.
· Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, healthy and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
· Identify and report hazards, near misses, incident and accidents.
· Adhere to KQ WAY principals and best practices.
· High level of integrity.
· Committed to achieving and maintaining high quality standards.
· Passionate about offering quality service.
· Self driven.
· Process awareness.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Minimum O level/ C and Diploma in hospitality/service discipline with 3 years experience Ramp Services.
· Supervisory skills.
· Computer literate.
· Knowledge of IATA baggage related resolutions/recommendations, baggage tracing systems, BRS and Departure Control System.
· Valid and clean driving license, ADP.
Manager (Facilities Administration & Standards)
Job purpose statement
To effectively plan, identify, acquire physical business facilities and premises to serve the company’s business needs, as well as co-ordinate in-house and out-sourced support services to meet business requirements in an efficient manner across the network for office occupancy and comfort of KQ staff and tenants.
· Review and ensure Facilities contracts and leases, statutory documentation across the network so as to conform with Company and Legal requirements in order to minimize Company risk exposures and reduce costs.
· Generate and optimize on rental revenues from Kenya Airways owned Facilities assets.
· Set, manage and monitor budgets and prepare financial reports.
· Research and inform the business on any new regulation relating to Facilities.
· Ensure implementation of new legal requirements of Facilities as per the Law.
· Follow up to conclusion of Kenya Airways assets with Legal matters.
· Develop, implement and maintain a sectional contract depository folder for record and ease of access to the business.
· Ensure safe and secure operation and working environment that conforms to statutory requirements.
· Lead, develop and motivate direct reports and teams effectively.
· Develop and Implement alert system for lease management and planned office services including outstations.
· Develop and implement training programs for the section.
· A degree, preferably Bachelor of Arts in Land Economics, or related discipline with 7 years minimum experience.
· 5 years minimum experience in busy property management firm at managerial level or related environment.
· Knowledge of analytical/systematic approach processes.
· Knowledge of inventory control systems.
· Registration with institute of surveyor’s distinct advantage.
· Experience in human and material resource management.
· Proficiency and experience in Properties and lease management.
· Ability to read and interpret Engineering Diagrams.
· Technical Reporting Skills.
· Computer literate.
· Legal knowledge on contracts.
Officer (Flight Safety)
Role Purpose statement
To capture, analyze, disseminate and archive safety information to all concerned, to ensure improvement of corporate safety.
· Collect, collate, document and produce periodic air safety reports and safety trends for the attention of the manager.
· Conduct safety audits of operational systems, infrastructure and procedures affecting or likely to affect the company operations.
· Follow up and verify the implementation of the safety recommendations developed after investigation or by the safety committees.
· Build and maintain a sound and updated safety data bank of incidents reported within the company.
· Provide support to the FDMs team particularly on the interpretation of the analyzed data, and synchronize ASR and FDMS outputs.
· Assist in Investigating aircraft and equipment incidents and accidents and make appropriate safety recommendations.
· Preparing, producing and disseminating to flight crew and staff, periodic safety bulletin and magazine.
· Improving, maintaining and promoting an efficient Corporate Emergency Response Plan, including the amendment of the ERPM.
· Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times.
· Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirement, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
· University graduate in Sciences or Higher National Diploma in aeronautical engineering or holder of CPL License.
· Diploma or Certificate holder in Safety Management Systems.
· Thorough working knowledge of Airline operations, Civil Aviation Authority, ICAO and IATA Procedure/and regulations.
· Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· Proficient in IT skills.
Principal Planning Engineer
To ensure the continuous improvement of the technical planning processes and organization through optimizing of processes, procedures and manpower in order to achieve the mission of the technical department, “delivering a safe and well maintained fleet”.
· Develop training programs in the section to ensure availability of enough skilled staff.
· Develop & maintain work instructions & procedures for the section and ensure these are understood by the team.
· Accountable for the performance of the staff as related to the work to be done. Check the team work output and strive for continuous improvement in all areas, with respect to processes, instructions and people skills.
· Lead and develop Senior, Planning Engineers and other junior staff to ensure that they understand and follow company and legislative requirements, procedures and processes.
· Responsible for a good capacity plan based on the work to be done in the section.
· Responsible for communication alignment on the following topics: maintenance program development; check preparations; planning versus material/tool/equipment availability; planning versus component availability; alignment between planning & engineering development.
· To improve the feedback loop to production and other planning sections; by ensuring proper analyses on closed work packages.
· Responsible for coordination of the annual review of the maintenance programs and ensuring that all maintenance tasks are evaluated regularly and updated when necessary.
· Take initiative to continuously improve the process within the section.
· Develop a performance measurement method within the section
· Ensure cost effective operations by ensuring analyses of check findings in order to optimize the maintenance programs and improve future maintenance checks.
· Graduate engineer from a recognized university (mechanical, aeronautical electrical/electronics)
· At least four years of experience in technical planning or similar department.
· Experience in maintenance programs and/or production planning & control
· Proven experience in managing sections, aircraft projects and/or other projects.
· Planning courses
· Knowledge of a database software/MRO system
· Demonstrated computer skills.