Lintons Beauty World
Job Vacancy: Reconciliation Accountant
Brief profile on the company: Since its establishment Linton’s Beauty World has offered end-to-end services and products within the beauty industry. Services include individualized consultation and therapy based beauty solutions.
Our business is modelled to provide a one-stop destination for all beauty needs. We distribute and retail premium and mid-range brands to the modern Kenyan woman, that include makeup, skin care and fragrances. Our stores offer a host of beauty & health spa services, and we specialize in professional make-up, skin care and nutritional consultancy services.
Main purpose of the job: Performing Cash and Bank reconciliations, Store credit notes and College Reports.
· Reconciled banks at the end of every week (Friday) and every month- Print out of reconciliation reports
Petty Cash Reconciliations
· Reconciled Petty Cash report before new requests. Reconciled petty cash at close of every month.
Popote Bank Reconciliations
· Reconciled Popote Bank before any re-imbursement is done. Monthly reconciliations
· Reconciled Cash-Ups. Nil Variance in the Till Shortage Account
Credit note Reconciliations and reports
· Postings and reconciliation of all Store credit notes. Monthly Report of all Store Credit Notes done.
End Month Cash Procedures.
· Providing report on all reconciled Cash Balances by close of the month.
College Financial Reports.
· Posting of transactions relating to College. Providing a monthly Management report by 3rd of every month.
Correct physical filing of all reports done.
· Filing all relevant documents correctly and archiving them on a monthly basis.
Promotional Vouchers Accounting
· Monthly accounting for every voucher i.e. Lintons Vouchers, Paid Points, Other Vouchers. Share report of the same every 3rd of the month.
· Reconciliation of all Cash-Up reports. Perform reconciliation of cash-up reports on a daily basis.
· Reconciliation of Bank accounts. Perform daily reconciliation of cash and bank. Move funds from the un-deposited funds account to the correct control accounts and further to the bank accounts. The Un-Deposited Funds Account and the various control accounts must be zero at the close of each day. Share a printed reconciliation report at close of every week with the Finance Manager.
· Petty Cash Reconciliations: Perform reconciliations on all Petty cash accounts before any re-imbursement is done. Do end month (Cut-Off Procedures) to close petty cash accounts. Print and sign the document for filing.
· Popote Reconciliations: Perform reconciliations of Popote every time before funding of the Popote Account. Perform end month procedures for Popote (Cut-Off Procedures). Print and file reports.
· Pass all approved credit notes within the stores within the day raised. File all relevant documents (Credit note request form, approvals, receipts, raised credit note). Produce credit note report and share with Finance Manager by 3rd of the following month.
· College Financials. Post college transactions into the Sage Pastel system. Generate college Financial Report every and share with Finance Manage every 3rd day of the month following.
· End Month Cash Procedures: Reconcile all the cash books by the last day of every month. Seek to have End Month Cash Procedure Form filled and duly submitted by the 1st day of the month following. File correctly in the End Month Cash Procedure File.
· Correctly account and report on purchase, redemption and recording of all vouchers.
· Correctly and timely file all your reports in files that are correctly labeled and identifiable. File all your reports in a chronological manner that can easily aid auditing.
· Any other duties that might be assigned by the Finance Manager from time to time.
· Computer working knowledge with emphasis on advanced excel.
· Organizational skills
· Time Management skills
· Communication skills
· Customer service skills
· Leadership skills
· Target driven
· Deliver results under tight deadlines
· Project a professional image
· Team player
· Bachelor Degree Holders
· CPA (K) qualifications
Work Experience (Period)
· 3 years experience
· Act honestly and with integrity.
· Show respect for others in the way they conduct themselves.
· Respect confidentiality.
Competence and Care
· Carry out work competently and with care.
· Ensure they have an appropriate level of relevant knowledge and skill to carry out a piece of work.
· Must continue to develop their knowledge and skills in a manner appropriate for their role
· Must ensure that your professional judgement is not compromised, and cannot reasonably be seen to be compromised, by bias, conflict of interest, or the undue influence of others.
· Must comply with all relevant legal, regulatory and professional requirements.
· Must take reasonable steps to ensure they are not placed in a position where they are unable to comply.
· Should speak up if they believe, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a course of action is unethical or is unlawful.
· Must take reasonable steps to ensure users are aware of any substantial issues with a piece of work for which they are responsible or in which they have had significant involvement, if those issues might reasonably influence the decision-making or judgement of users.
· Communicate in a timely manner, clearly, and in a way that takes into account the users.
· Show clearly that they take responsibility for their work when communicating with users.
How to Apply
Send your CV only quoting the job title in the email subject (RECONCILIATION ACCOUNTANT) to email@example.com by 13th August 2019.