Our client is a small lodge seeking to hire a Front Office/ Receptionist to be based in Nanyuki.
· To be fully conversant with special promotions offered by the lodge and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
· To promote the other departments within the lodge at every given opportunity in order to maximize the sales.
· To make sure that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
· To ensure that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
· To be aware of the lodge availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
· Provide a hospitable service to the standards laid down by the lodge.
· To offer assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, and Housekeeping whenever you are needed.
· Whenever possible to anticipate guests’ needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
· To be fully conversant and able to operate the hotel’s front office systems.
· To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
· To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
· To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
· To carry out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined in the S.O.P. Manual.
· To ensure the security of guests property, and lost property following security procedures.
· To ensure the correct levels of stationery are maintained at the reception.
· To arrive for work at the correct time and to ensure your appearance follows the hotels set standards.
· And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Diploma in front desk operations from Kenya Utalii college or equivalent
· 3 years experience in front office operations
· Work planning and organization skills
· Strong supervisory and discipline skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Problem solving and decision making skills
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com