Vacant Position: Personal Assistant (PA) to MD
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: 100K – 150K
Summary: Our client in the horticultural sector is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chillies from Kenya.
They are seeking to fill in the role of a PA.
The ideal candidate must have international exposure or have worked with a horticultural company.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. PA support to the Managing Director.
· Manage and maintain the MD’s diary, email account and operational tasks.
· Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
· Organize inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
· Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments, requiring Bio or photos etc.
· Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
· Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
· Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
· Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
· Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
· Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
· Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
· Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the MD. Ad-hoc project management
· Filing – including legal activities, keep and retrieve files.
· Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
· Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
· Candidate should have ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Agenda preparation and expenses
· Ad-hoc project management
2. General Office Administration
· Duties will include some ad hoc office management
· Providing support to other company departments, where necessary and during low-season periods
· Ordering of goods/services
· Organizing internal office events such as company activities
· Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
· Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
· Any other assignment as may be assigned from time to time within your experience.
· Banking if required
· Other ad-hoc accounts duties and projects as required
· Working closely with Accounts to ensure financial needs of the MD are well arranged
This Job Description provides the main outline for the duties required for this position and is subject to periodic review, evolution and revision.
· Minimum Diploma in Business Management and Administration or in any related field.
· Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience as an executive assistant/ PA in a good industry. Experience in horticultural sector an added advantage.
· Pragmatic and able to deal with visitors of all levels.
· Previous experience in providing secretarial support at a senior level is essential, ideally in any busy good industry preferably in agribusiness/horticulture.
· Fast accurate typing/data entry
· Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
· Experience of working within a pressured environment
· Discretion and mature work ethic
· Computer Literate – MS Suite
· Proactive and Confident
· A very high level of professionalism, integrity, attention to detail and organization are essential for the role
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.