Lintons Beauty World
Job Title: Payables Accountant
Main purpose of the job:Performing postings and reconciliations of all payable, receivable and general ledger accounts. To produce monthly financials for the Ugandan account.
Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators
1. Supplier Accounts.
· Share a reconciled supplier statement every Monday and Wednesday with the Finance Manager
· Make all payments to suppliers every Tuesday and Thursday
· Share a proposed payment plan with Finance Manager every Monday
2. Ledger Reconciliations
· Share a reconciled ledger with the Finance Manager every Monday and Wednesday.
3. Proper Filing.
· Maintain an up to date filing of all the above activities.
· Receive and properly file all unpaid invoices.
· Post unpaid invoices into the system and properly indicate that it is posted
· Reconcile all payable customers and share an aging report by 3rd of every month.
· Share with the Finance Manager a reconciled aging analysis every Monday and Wednesday.
· Share with Finance Manager a payment plan for all upcoming payments.
· Prepare remittance advise, vouchers and cheques for signing (International Suppliers).
· Correctly allocate all payments against the invoices.
· Payments are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays of every week only.
· Supervising proper filing of all documents related to accounts payables.
Non – Supplier Postings:
· Post all payroll journals into the system before salary payments.
· Post any other non-supplier creditors into the system.
Supplier Ledger Reconciliations.
· Reconcile and share a reconciliation report of the following ledgers:
· Accruals ledger
· Advance sales ledger
· Other Creditors ledger
· Accounts payable ledger
· GRN Accrual ledger
· Unrealized exchange gain/loss ledger
· Withholding Tax ledger
· Paye Control ledger
· NHIF Control ledger
· NSSF Control ledger
· Insurance Control ledger
· Net Pay Control ledger
· Other Staff Deductions ledger
Properly and regularly file all documents related to your above work.
Any other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
· Computer working knowledge with emphasis on advanced excel.
· Organizational skills
· Time Management skills
· Communication skills
· Customer service skills
· Leadership skills
· Target driven
· Deliver results under tight deadlines
· Project a professional image
· Team player
· Bachelor Degree Holders
· CPA (K) qualifications
Work Experience (Period)
· 3 years experience
· Act honestly and with integrity.
· Show respect for others in the way they conduct themselves.
· Respect confidentiality.
Competence and Care
· Carry out work competently and with care.
· Ensure they have an appropriate level of relevant knowledge and skill to carry out a piece of work.
· Must continue to develop their knowledge and skills in a manner appropriate for their role
· Must ensure that your professional judgement is not compromised, and cannot reasonably be seen to be compromised, by bias, conflict of interest, or the undue influence of others.
· Must comply with all relevant legal, regulatory and professional requirements.
· Must take reasonable steps to ensure they are not placed in a position where they are unable to comply.
· Should speak up if they believe, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a course of action is unethical or is unlawful.
· Must take reasonable steps to ensure users are aware of any substantial issues with a piece of work for which they are responsible or in which they have had significant involvement, if those issues might reasonably influence the decision-making or judgement of users.
· Communicate in a timely manner, clearly, and in a way that takes into account the users.
· Show clearly that they take responsibility for their work when communicating with users.
How to Apply
Send your CV only quoting the job title in the email subject (PAYABLES ACCOUNTANT) to email@example.com by 13th August 2019.