Vacancy: CGHR 96/07/19
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Stanford University, California, USA whose main purpose is to conduct a research study titled “Disentangling the human vector relationship to disrupt dengue and chikungunya virus outbreaks in Kenya”. The section has a vacancy for an Office Assistant.
Position: Office Assistant MR 4 (1 position)
Reporting to: Principal Investigator.
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) D+ and above.
· Certificate and experience in computer application packages.
· One year experience in office work.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and highly effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize workload.
· Flexible and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Perform general office management at the office of project Principal Investigator.
· Perform general clerical duties including data entry, record keeping, organizing for meetings, requesting for supplies, etc.
· Operate office machines to make copies of documents
· Perform any other relate tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
· Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
· Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
· Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
· Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted