Job Vacancy: Qualitative Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Our goal isto generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The Population Dynamics and Reproductive Health (PDRH) Unit wishes to engage field interviewers from September to November 2019 for the process and impact evaluation of the Supporting Access for Adolescents to Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (Safire) Project.
Interviews will be carried out in the following six Counties: Bungoma, Kiambu, Uasin Gishu, Trans-Nzoia, Nakuru and Kericho.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences
· Must have proven working experience in qualitative research
· Previous experience working in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health
· Be proficient in computer applications including use of MS Word and MS Excel
· Be a current resident of the county where the study is to be conducted
· Be fluent in English and Kiswahili and have the ability to facilitate interviews and group discussions in these languages
· Be available for training and to work full time on the project for the data collection duration
· Possess strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify study respondents as defined in the study
· Consent the recruited respondents prior to interviews and group discussions
· Facilitate/moderate interviews and group discussions
· Take notes, write reports of all interviews conducted and submit within the agreed timelines
· Attend and participate in all project related meetings as may be required
· Ensure safety of assigned data collection tools and equipment
· Any other related activity as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to email@example.com, by close of business August 25, 2019.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Qualitative Field Interviewer – Safire Project”.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
(APHRC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.