Job Vacancy: Quantitative Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Our goal isto generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The Population Dynamics and Reproductive Health (PDRH) Unit wishes to engage Field Interviewers from September to November 2019 for the process and impact evaluation of the Supporting Access for Adolescents to Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (Safire) Project.
Interviews will be carried out in the following six Counties: Bungoma, Kiambu, Uasin Gishu, Trans-Nzoia, Nakuru and Kericho.
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C (plain)
· Must have proven working experience in quantitative data collection
· Have proven experience in conducting household surveys
· Previous experience working in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health
· Experience in using electronic data collection devices such as Survey CTO or Open Data Kit (ODK)
· Be a current resident of the county where the study is to be conducted
· Be fluent in English and Kiswahili (both written and oral)
· Be available for training and to work full-time on the project for the data collection duration
· Possess strong interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify study participants as defined in the study
· Consent the recruited participants prior to administering the survey
· Conduct face-to-face interviews with participants sampled for the study
· Review the collected data for completeness, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the supervisor on a daily basis
· Attend and participate in all project related meetings as may be required
· Ensure safety of assigned data collection tools and equipment
· Any other related activity as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business August 25, 2019.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Quantitative Field Interviewer – Safire Project”.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
(APHRC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.