Job Vacancy: Software Developer
We are in the Financial Management space providing innovative financial products & solutions.
We are looking to fill in the position of Software Developer.
Job Summary: The role holder is responsible for overall designing, coding and modifying web / mobile / standalone applications and websites.
· Oversee all development projects from design layout to functionality and according to client’s specifications.
· Strive to create visually appealing applications and websites that ensure user friendly design and clear navigation, while keeping scalability and international standards.
· Ability to modify existing programs to perform specific tasks and functions in accordance to business/partner needs (re- engineer applications).
· Maintain and improve the performance of existing software applications.
· Create, design, update and verify software database with the supervision of the DBA.
· Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability and optimization.
· Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
· Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
· Implementing the front-end logic that defines the behavior of the visual elements of a web/mobile application & communication to the backend by applying proper specifications & ensuring all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services.
· Develop new user-facing features by building reusable code and libraries for future use & ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· Good understanding of Web Languages, including HTML5, XML, UML, and CSS3.
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and proficient in understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues while building & deploying applications.
· To be able to establish a detailed program specification through discussion with clients, breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language, evaluating and increasing the program’s effectiveness.
· Conducting UAT testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately, writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
· Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge, updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.
· Mentors junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs & practices
· Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
· Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) and/or server-side Java programming with Web 1.0 MVC frameworks and experience in JEE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, Web Services, JMS and JAXB.
· Ability to be a team player, who is able to analyze user needs by analytical thinking, attention to detail & problem-solving techniques.
· A University degree from an institution a relevant field in Information Technology/ Computer Science/Software Development/Computer Engineering or equivalent diploma qualifications.
· Have experience in Windows & Linux operating system
· Knowledge of web server applications i.e. JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, IIS.
· Knowledge in Web Development using Adobe Creative Suite Application & other web programming tools.
· Knowledge on Database i.e. Oracle, My SQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
We are looking to fill in the position of System Administrator.
Scope: The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
· Monitor networks to ensure the security and availability to specific users
· Maintain integrity of the network, data, server deployment and security.
· Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with all technical considerations.
· Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
· Maintain system efficiency and configuration of network IP addresses
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, smart phones, etc.
· Troubleshoot problems reported by users; computer hardware, software, cabling and printers network
· Offer technical support to staff on computer programmes, packages and applications
· Make recommendations for upgrades, hardware and software deployment and computer disposal.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Install, upgrade and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant discipline
· Five years working experience and above in information technology specialty.
· Proven working experience as a systems administrator.
· Good background in Database design in Microsoft SQL and Access.
· Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML
· Ability to achieve general ICT tools maintenance.
· Ability to illustrate general maintenance requisite and simple procedures for operation of network and system security.
· Tech savvy individual.
· Keen eye for detail.
· Proficient communicator at all levels, both verbal and written.
How to Apply:
If you possess the above qualifications and skills, please send us your CV citing your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th August 2019.
Use System Administrator as your email subject.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.