The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust seeks to hire a Finance Assistant.
We welcome more than 300 children in our two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8.
We will as well be having high school grades (beginning with grade 9 in September 2020).
The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1 and 2.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa.
Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, offering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike.
We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees comprised of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community.
They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staff appointments.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The Finance Coordinator
Application Deadline: by 12th August, 2019
Job Summary: This role will require significant ownership and a strong drive to learn and grow. It requires a lot of flexibility, good will and following through on tasks to completion with great attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Process and reconcile imprests and maintain the imprest debtors’ sub-ledgers for accountability.
· Preparation of payment vouchers and ensuring their accuracy and correctness;
· Prepare timely and accurate bank reconciliation statements for decision making;
· Handling, issuing and reconciling of petty cash in line with Concern’s procedures & policies
· Manage the assets register for accuracy and correctness;
· Assist the finance coordinator in processing Invoices;
· Posting suppliers invoices in the school’s accounting system
· Filing all paperwork associated with such transactions.
· Collect and enter data on various financial spreadsheets
· Assist the finance Coordinator in creating financial reports on a regular basis.
· Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
· Managing day-to-day transactions
· Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
· Handling accruals and prepayments
· Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
· Any other duties assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications
· Professional certification ACCA/CPA level 2 and/or Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration or relevant field.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organization skills
· A proactive self-starter and achiever
· Some experience with computerized accounting packages will be desirable.
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Proven ability to handle challenging work load
· Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title Finance Assistant on the subject line by 12th August, 2019.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information visit our website www.nairobiwaldorfschool.ac.ke