African Guarantee Fund (AGF Group)
Position Title: Finance and Administration Officer (DAF)
Reporting: Reporting to the Managing Director, AGF West Africa, as line Manager with functional relations with the Group Chief Financial Officer and Group Head of Human Resources.
Position Location: Lomé, Togo
African Guarantee Fund (AGF Group): The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF Group) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya. Its products and services provide financial institutions with the means by which they can leverage in bringing their African SME financing interventions to the required scale.
The AGF Group contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of activity:
a) Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by the financial sector when lending to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable collateral to financial institutions. AGF’s guarantee products are: Loan Guarantee based on a hybrid approach, Bank’s Fund Raising Guarantee and Equity Guarantees.
b) Support for capacity development of the partner financial institutions.
In 2015 AGF acquired 80.56% of GARI Fund in Togo, now African Guarantee Fund West Africa, as part of its development strategy to strengthen its presence in West Africa.
The AGF group operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with operations in 40 countries in Africa and is gradually expanding to other countries to cover the whole
AGF’s founding shareholders are the governments of Denmark (through DANIDA), Spain (through AECID), and the African Development Bank (AfDB). Other shareholders include the French Development Agency, Nordic Development Fund, Investment Fund for Developing Countries and KfW Development Bank.
AGF is rated AA- with a stable outlook by Fitch Rating International
Position Summary: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance and Administration Officer will be in charge of guaranteeing good administrative, accounting and financial management while monitoring proper execution of the strategy and the defined procedures as per the framework of the strict rules defined by the Group’s general management.
(S)he will coordinate accounting and financial activities to provide reliable support to ensure that company accounts and the preparation of financial and accounting documents are in accordance with the legislation.
Additionally, the incumbent will support the human resources function and will be charged with providing both operational and strategic support to the team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting Financial & Budget Management
· In accordance with the Chart of Accounts (Group and Local), prepare budget documents and any other supporting documents vital for the budget decision-making process & monitoring;
· Prepare all accounting documents;
· Supervise the accountant
· Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures for analytical accounting purposes;
· Responsible for periodic closing of accounts (monthly, quarterly, annual);
· Draw up the accounting and financial statements;
· Conduct summary financial analyses of the Fund for internal use or for third parties (Management Report….);
· Prepare tax and social statements;
· Define the main orientations of the control systems;
· Establish the management procedures and indicators needed to monitor activities;
· Interface and manage relations with external stakeholders (Statutory Auditors, Banks, Tax Department, Tax Advisory Board and others.
· Carry out any specific analysis at the request of the Managing Director (financing study, sponsorship project, etc)
· Carry out periodic inventories and asset monitoring activities
· Monitoring of accounts and cash flow;
· Ensure efficient Cash management in line with the needs of the organization;
· Develop an information system and tools needed to guarantee the quality of the information to the Chief Executive Officer and make appropriate recommendations;
· Work closely with the Head of the Department of Internal Control;
· Ensure periodic reporting (balance sheet, income statement, dashboard, summary, etc) to the Group Finance Department (IFRS Standards) in a timely manner;
· Ensure compliance with the reporting requirements vis-à-vis the Banking Commission of the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
Human Resources Management
· Management of teams in charge of administrative and financial activities;
· Preparation of the staff management records: contract, vacations, labour certificate, etc;
· Follow up on payroll, leave monitoring and occupational health data;
· Assist senior management in recruitment processes;
· Ensure the regular updating of the establishment plan and the administrative follow-up of the staff;
· Take care of the administrative management of the staff in collaboration with the General Management and the Group Human Resources Department;
· Evaluate administration staff in accordance with performance evaluation guidelines;
General Administrative Management
· Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of the subsidiary (letters, internal notices, dashboards, action plans, grading, archives, etc);
· Ensure the monitoring of the office logistics and automation (supplies, offices, etc) and equipment management;
· In charge of relations with partners, Banks and others;
· Drafting and application of various agreements and contracts;
· Management of legal affairs and legal procedures and litigation management in collaboration with the Group Legal Department;
· Ensure a legal oversight of the various areas of its responsibility (labour rights, accounting aspects, taxation, etc);
· Manage debt collection;
· Coordinate all company travel and logistics as per the travel procedures;
· Ensure that internet connectivity and networking is upto standard and well maintained;
· Supervise administration staff including the GARI ICT officer;
· Oversee regulatory reporting to the Banking Commission of the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO);
· Oversee the monthly reporting including the financial statements and cash-flow projections and make them available to the General Management of the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors;
· Oversee the preparation of activity reports and in particular, the organization’s Income Statement, Financial Statements, reports to shareholders, Board of Directors, etc
· The Finance and Administration Officer may be assigned any other tasks accordingly
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
· Holds a Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance (DCG, DSCG, MSTCF or equivalent);
· At least 7 years of experience in a similar position,
· Minimum of 5 years in an establishment Institution approved by the Banking Commission of the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO);
· Professional certifications of the profession such as Expertise Accounting, CPA; ACCA….
· Good command of accounting including OHADA law of banking accounting standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
· Have experience in an international environment;
· Perfect knowledge of the banking and tax environments of Togo;
· High level of command in office tools, including Excel, Powerpoint, Word;
· Ability to foresee the economic and financial consequences of daily activities;
· Have excellent written and oral skills;
· Team management;
· Autonomous, Organized, Methodical;
· Adaptability and responsiveness, Available, Pragmatic & Open-minded;
· Bilingual (French and English) a MUST.
Applicants should apply by email by attaching a cover and a detailed Curriculum Vitae sent as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Application for Finance and Admin Officer – AGF Group” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until 31st August 2019 or until the position is filled.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at: www.africanguaranteefund.com