Our client, a world’s leading logistic provider is seeking to recruit Port Clerks.
Role Summary: To effectively and efficiently coordinate all Import and Export shipments, Customs clearance and handling at various ports including JKIA (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and ICD (Inland Container Depot).
Qualifications / requirements
· Bachelor degree / Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
· Certificate in Customs Administration.
· Practicing certificate from East Africa Customs Freight Forwarding (EACFFPC)
· Minimum of 2 years working experience
· Possession of Driving License / Motorcycle license
· Regulatory compliance; Compliance with Customs and local authorities’ requirements for imports/exports handling of shipments
· Implement exports / imports SOPs and maintaining exports/ imports records
· Maintain allocated documents as per approved Import / Export SOP’s
· Collect documents from all handling sheds at the ports (JKIA and ICD)
· Manage parcels, documents and letters as per delivery instructions, ensuring signatures are obtained as per receipts and deliveries effected.
· Dispatch all internal and external imports and exports documentation within scheduled timelines
· Engage with inspection authorities to ensure timely inspection
· Proper handling and accountability of all shipment documents.
· Advanced interpersonal skills
· High levels of integrity
· Passion for results
· Emotional intelligence
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd August 2019.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.