The Residence. The Suites
Vacancy: Front Desk Clerk
Unit: Palacina The Residence & The Suites
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
We are a family business based in Nairobi with a background in hospitality and design.
As world travelers and hoteliers, we work with a set of principles which we firmly believe our guests recognize and appreciate.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Front Desk Clerk
The incumbent will be responsible for checking-in / checking-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently, processing all payments according to established hotel requirements, and providing information and assistance to all guests and visitors in accordance with Palacina policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction..
· Ensure that all guests receive a prompt warm welcome as per Palacina guidelines.
· When possible escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
· Manage any guest complaints in a professional manner per Palacina guidelines
· To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required as per Palacina guidelines.
· To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Palacina guidelines.
· Attend to all guests approaching the Front Desk by determining what they need and assisting them accordingly.
· To check the arrival lists and to block all the rooms according to guest requests and needs, as advised by the Front Office Manager.
· To ensure that all assigned and blocked rooms requiring special set-ups are accurately displayed in the PMS and available to the Housekeeping and other departments in due time
· To daily handle the guest files and folios, ensuring that all the immigration, financial and audit procedures are fully respected
· Close/ open shift following established Palacina guidelines and ensure a complete handover between the shifts.
· To be aware of forged currency and travelers checks and to respect all the financial and audit procedures.
· To check the departure lists and to ensure check out times are respected.
· To monitor room status and discrepancies.
· Maximization of room sales and revenue for the hotel by ensuring a sales attitude is always adopted and an awareness of all sales opportunities Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way and when possible escorting them to their destination.
· At least 01 years previous experience in a 4 or 5 star environment
· Verifiable training in a hospitality training institution
· 03 verifiable references (non-relatives)
· Opera experience essential
· MICROS experience will be an added advantage
· Very presentable and 100% fluency in both written & spoken English
· Knowledge of a foreign language will be an added advantage
· Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays
· Be Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable
· Include passport picture, current & expected salary with your CV.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.