Our Client in the hospitality industry is currently looking to hire a Storekeeper/ Stores Clerk.
Scope and General Purpose:
To ensure that optimum stock levels are maintained, that all goods, perishable and non-perishable are stored under ideal conditions and that maximum security applies at all times, particularly when receiving or issuing goods.
· To liaise with F&B Cost Controller and Procurement Manager on the ordering of goods.
· To ensure that goods received are of the quality and quantity ordered and in accordance with the agreed price.
· To ensure the timeous and correct completion of all administration in respect of deliveries.
· To complete all documentation and take the necessary action in cases of non-delivery, substandard deliveries or over pricing.
· To ensure that all items are stored correctly, in terms of temperature, humidity and shelf life and that no food items are stored on the floor.
· To ensure correct stock rotation and that issues are effected on a first in, first out basis.
· To ensure that all issues are made against requisitions and that no items leave the storeroom without the appropriate documentation or signature.
· To ensure maximum security of all storeroom areas, that no unauthorised person enters the stores or is issued with a key allowing access.
· To inform management and follow agreed procedures in the case of spoilage or damage of any item.
· To take stock at prescribed intervals and ensure that all necessary administration is completed without delay.
· To attend meetings or training courses as required.
· Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the operational and financial goals of the organization
· Diploma in Supplies / Stores Management or any other related field
· Prior experience as a stores clerk in a large hotel or resort.
· Attention to detail
· Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures
· Good report writing skills
· Results oriented
· Excellent multi-tasking skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Proficiency of Micros Fidelio, SunSystems, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com