Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a stock accountant to join their team.
· Assist in maintaining accurate stock listings.
· Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts.
· Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances to the management.
· Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
· Report shortfalls and surplus inventory, weekly and monthly for replenishment;
· Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers;
· Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms, and raise non-conformity reports where applicable;
· Ensure that finished goods dispatched to the customers are matched with the actual invoices issued to the customers;
· Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence;
· Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
· Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock;
· Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items; Finished Goods, raw materials, spare parts and other consumables;
· Ensure stock ledger entries are properly coded and classified;
· Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the system records to capture any anomalies; and
· Assist the Stock Accountant in other relevant tasks as assigned
· Bachelor degree in Business / Accounting / Finance or related field or Minimum CPA –K
· 3 years minimum experience in manufacturing industry
· Specific experience in stock accounting and management is mandatory.
· Experience in stores operations/ management.
· Computer literate with hands on experience in use of Pastel accounting software, Sage, QuickBooks and ERP
· Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Team player with good communication skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Person of high integrity, honest and self-discipline
How To Apply
If qualified please send your CV to email@example.com with the title ‘Assistant Stock Accountant’ by 21st August 2019.