Mhasibu Sacco Society
We are a leading Sacco for professionals with over 19,000 members and an indisputable record of performance.
The Sacco is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven, result oriented and highly qualified individual for the position of Assistant Accountant.
Overall purpose of the job: Carry out financial and accounting processes, in compliance with financial policies, procedures and controls systems.
Duties and responsibilities
· Updating the member’s accounts and general ledger,
· Daily receipting (standing orders, direct debits, M-PESA and Other remittances) and cash management
· Daily processing of loan disbursement, refunds and any other member related payments.
· Timely and accurate processing of supplier, allowances and other payments
· Debtor and Creditors updates and management
· Reconciling of members’ accounts.
· Reconciliation of Bank, MPESA and GL accounts.
· Petty cash management and reconciliation
· Timely preparation of NSSF, PAYE, NHIF and other statutory deductions.
· Reconciliations of Eft payments with the loan listings.
· Processing yearly dividend /Interest.
· Validating and processing of refunds and withdrawals to ensure the right amount are refunded to the right members.
· Prepare daily summaries of expenses and cash position reports.
· Filing of income tax returns.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications required
· At least a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, of business-related field
· CPA K,
· A member of a relevant professional body is an added advantage
· Minimum 2 years relevant experience and in a in a similar position
· Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya by obtaining the necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should CLICK HERE to apply online by filling in the data form. The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
In addition, applicants should send application letter, copies of certificates, relevant testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is on or before 14th August 2019 by 5.00pm.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.