Job Vacancy: Administrative Assistant – Rwanda
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice.
The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries.
The East Africa Energy Program (EAEP) is a four-year project to increase on-grid electricity access, accelerate private sector investment, and improve the enabling environment of the power sector in East Africa.
RTI International leads implementation of the program, which is funded by Power Africa, a U.S. Government-led partnership coordinated by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
RTI International seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant to be based in Rwanda under the East Africa Energy Program.
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant support the procurement function, oversee front office activities, travel logistics, general office administration. She/ he will be in charge of the office petty cash and help with facilitating taxi as well as accommodation bookings. Ensures that processes are compliant with RTI International logistical and administrative procedures and guidelines as provided for in the EAEP Field Operations Manual- June 2019 version, as well as per USAID rules and regulations.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Support travel logistics for staff and consultants including visas, airport transfers and lodging bookings for staff, consultants and other visitors.
· Facilitate all transport requests by application of an optimal usage between taxis and vehicle hires.
· Ensure all the transport documentation is well filed both electronically and in hard copies such as weekly taxi consumption summaries, weekly vehicle work tickets.
· Provide events, workshops and training logistical and administrative support.
· Perform front office duties – receive visitors and manage the reception area.
· Work closely with the Director of Operations in providing support for specific procurement requests.
· Receive and distribute messages from telephone/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and timely passing these promptly to the appropriate member.
· Collaborate with the Director of Operations to ensure systems are in place to support administrative functions.
· Maintain hard and soft filing system to manage in-coming and out-going correspondences, to maintain accurate and updated subject files for correspondence; maintain a data base of project contacts and revise as needed.
· Ensure that all the applicable office utilities are provided to staff in a timely manner.
· Maintain and track office and kitchen supplies, ensuring timely re-stocking as applicable
· Maintain appointment calendar updated either manually or electronically, in Share Point as well, as applicable.
· Support coordination for the internal and external meetings needs for the Program.
· Provide general office administration support that covers office cleanliness, provision of staff utilities.
· Instituting of a system for meeting room booking, physically confirming meeting room is ready for meetings and provision of administrative support for such meetings such as ensuring that signed participants lists are maintained.
· Support for office building repairs and maintenance.
· Submission of timesheets and approved leave forms.
· Petty Cash maintenance: Being the custodian of the office petty cash float ensures its managed as the Petty Cash SOP.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Program Management.
1. Degree in front office management/ general office administration/ logistics/ procurement or equivalent with 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience working for USAID funded international projects preferred
3. General background, understanding of and experience in front office management, logistics and in providing administrative support preferably with an international organization
4. Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
5. Detailed oriented, attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team and to learn complex procedures
7. Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative
8. Demonstrated numeric and basic accounting skills
9. Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
10. Local candidates preferred.
11. Fluency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title as the subject line of the email by 6th September, 2019 by 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com