The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant.
We welcome more than 300 children in our two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8.
We will as well be having high school grades (beginning with grade 9 in September 2020).
The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1 and 2.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa.
Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, offering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike.
We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees comprised of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community.
They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staff appointments.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The School Administrator
Application Deadline: by 12th August, 2019
Job Summary: Leading in the implementation of school strategy, policies and procedures to achieve school growth, stability and enhanced performance for competitive advantage in line with Nairobi Waldorf School mission and Vision
Roles and Responsibilities
· Acting as a first point of contact for the school;
· Enrolling and admitting new children to the school;
· Ensuring that all visitors are logged and have appropriate identification;
· Maintaining and updating school information, databases and records;
· Communicating with parents regarding various aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between teachers and parents
· Ensuring the reception area is kept tidy and that the notice boards are kept up to date;
· Assisting in ordering stationery, materials and other resources and ensuring that stock levels are well maintained;
· Oversee the administration function to facilitate service delivery to both internal and external customers in line with the school policies;
· Scheduling, setting up travel, Meetings and appointments for parents and the School manager;
· Responding to emergencies when needed
· Identifying and recommending best practices for innovation to ensure new and improved processes, procedures and methodologies.
· Managing the flow of information to staff and supervisors
· Preparing and formatting information for internal and external distribution
· Receiving, sorting and distributing all packages, deliveries and mail
· Preparing and analysis of monthly reports
· Implementing service quality, customer excellence and change initiatives to achieve required school performance
· Any other duties assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications
· Have at least 3 year’s relevant experience in a busy reputable organization
· Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
· Be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Be able to work well and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision
· Consistency in follow-up and solving problems
· Have a good working knowledge of MS Office applications with strong report writing skills
· Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title Administrative Assistant on the subject line by 12th August, 2019.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information visit our website www.nairobiwaldorfschool.ac.ke