Africa Digital Media Group
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Associate – HR and Administration
The Associate – HR & Admin plays a technical and support role to the Corporate Department through the administration of the HR Handbook and Procedures manual, and supports implementation of our HR strategies and objectives.
Furthermore, the role provides effective and responsive administrative, operational and logistical support to the People Team in time, accurately and in compliance with regulations.
· Policies, communication and change management: The first point of contact with all levels of staff, support communication regarding changes in policies and benefits, handling all HR inquiries and guiding staff through the HR tools, systems and processes
· Recruitment, onboarding and offboarding: Set up and track all recruitments, prepare contracts, coordinate the pre-employment requirements, lead induction and onboarding as per induction plan and coordinate clearance procedures for all exits.
· Records & Compliance Management: Ensure all files are compliant, accurate and complete, both soft and hard copy and maintain confidentiality and security. Prepare and maintain HR monthly reports to share key HR data. Managing various HR documents including creating and updating document templates, updating existing documents etc.
· Staff Engagement and Welfare: Coordinate and provide logistical support to all company rituals, trainings and staff events. Remain up to date on staff welfare issues and provide support as and when necessary.
· Payroll, Leave and Benefits Administration; assisting with payroll data entry, and providing other support for timely processing of payroll and staff support, Maintain, verify and track all staff benefits, maintain leave calendar and records.
Career growth and Development
At ADMI, we have a positive, progressive and high-performance culture.
This is underpinned with a tradition of constant learning and investment in developing our people.
Supported by our People function, all staff members have weekly check-ins with a manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on their performance.
We believe every encounter with us should be transformational and beneficial.
· University degree in a relevant subject in Commerce/Business Administration
· Member of the IHRM
· Professional HR training & certification
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in HR Management
· Knowledge of the labor legislation governing the labor market
· Demonstrate creativity & initiative and require minimal supervision.
· Possess top-level interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines both under direct supervision and independently
· Effective and consistent communication with colleagues and our vendors at all levels
· Open to learning, dedicated to improving, committed to excellence
· Previous work experience in a multicultural corporate environment preferred
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Ability to handle stressful and time sensitive situations in a cool, effective manner
· Experience using an HRIS is an added advantage
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org