Our client is in the hospitality business with 4 hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the position of Reliever Accountant.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to ensure validity and accuracy of all invoices, their appropriate allocation and timely payments.
· Ensure creditors are paid promptly and professionally.
· Conduct daily bank/Revenue positing
· Perform bank reconciliation posting and balancing
· Conduct weekly wages/petty cash and other journals postings.
· Supervise validity of the contracts before payments are processed against them.
· Check and approve all issued cheque before passing the same to Finance Manager for signature.
· Ensure that all creditor files are properly maintained for future references and that all the invoices are original, supported by proper documents and approved by department heads before payment processing.
· Print and file all reports at the month end as per the company’s policies and procedures.
· Balance all inventories with Cost Control at the month-end closing.
· Conduct a follow up on all outgoing and incoming documents.
· Ensure in corporation with the Financial Accountant that all payments stay within the frame of the beforehand established liquidity forecast.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
· Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook.
Key Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma in accounting
· CPA II
· 2-3 Years’ experience preferably in a hotel setup
· Working knowledge of Sun System, Opera and Material control systems will be an added advantage
· Good accounting skills
· Good analytical skills
· Knowledge of tax regulations.
· Good Communication skills.
· Attention to detail
· Good Reporting skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “RELIEVER ACCOUNTANT” by Friday 23rd August 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.