KFS GRADE 11
The successful candidates will undergo both a mandatory Basic Paramilitary Course as well as on-the-job training on Forest Conservation, protection and management.
Thereafter they will be posted to various assignments with KFS field Officers.
· Maintaining basic forestry records such as cost allocation records, muster roll, seed source and origins, disease/pest outbreak, seed germination results, and seedling production records,
· Supervising land preparation and tree planting, silvicultural operations such as
· Thinning, pruning, clear felling, assisting in forest survey, inventory and research operations,
· Planning and implementing basic forestry practices,
· Recording and reporting on forest activities at the station, undertaking forest conservation and protection,
· Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time
· A Diploma in Forestry from Kenya Forestry College with a minimum of credit score
· Be aged between 21-29 years of age
· Be computer literate
· Being an Associate Member of Forest Society of Kenya will be an added advantage
Statutory requirements for the program
Be a person of high integrity who meets the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution specifically;
· Have a valid certificate of good conduct
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should apply, clearly indicating reference number for the position. Applications should include current curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, names and contact details of three referees, copy of national identity card, copies of testimonials, copies of professional and academic certificates, statutory requirements (As specified for each of the positions in the detailed job description in KFS website) should be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address so as to reach the Service not later than 19th August, 2019 by 5.00 pm.
All applications should be clearly marked with the position reference number on the envelope.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P.O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply.