The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030.
EDCTP funded Project, TMA2017CDF-1852 has an internship opportunity for the following position:
Position: Research Assistant Intern (2 positions)
Reports to: Study PI
The interns will be trained on
· Collection of quality data from patients` charts
· Comparing abstracted data to source documents
· Data entry and basic data analysis
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in Biomedical Sciences (Microbiology, Immunology, Virology) or any other related field
In addition, the applicants must:
· Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age; and
· Provide a Certificate of good conduct.
· Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
· A person of integrity
· Should possess strong analytical skills
· Must be computer literate.
The Internship programme will be for six (6) months.
· A monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000/= will be given without any other benefits.
· Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical insurance cover
· The project WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
· Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
· Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
· Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
· Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted