BI & Analytics Developer
Software Design and Development
· Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components;
· Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
· Coding of all ETL and analytics processes used within the BI & Analytics systems;
· Development of reliable data ingestion and preparation processes;
· Planning and delivery of highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open source technologies including but not limited to Hadoop;
· Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that reporting needs can be effectively developed and implemented
Testing, Troubleshooting and 3rd line Support
· Work directly with the Support teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations;
· Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents;
· Implement troubleshooting procedures;
· Upgrading products/services and applying patches as necessary;
· Maintaining and modifying reports/queries on an as-needed basis ;
· Managing and supporting the security implementation ;
· Scheduling batch jobs with the IT operations staff;
· Troubleshooting database connectivity issues;
· Providing assistance to other technical areas as required;
· Maintaining, coordinating back up and restoring the ETL and Reports repositories and other Systems binaries and source
· Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification with relevant stakeholders;
· Specify system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulates designs for their solutions;
· Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented;
· Interact with stakeholders to gather and refine
Research and Development
· Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications;
· Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business;
· Participation and membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the
Engineer (Database Systems Automation)
Reporting to the Manager – Database Systems Support, the position holder will be responsible for system automation in planning, deployment, monitoring and administration of our client’s database systems.
The responsibilities include automation of general database administration tasks such as software installations, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, security hardening and configuration management.
In this role you will be working with database planning and support teams investigating and understanding the manual process where you will automate them to create efficiency in the domain. Collaborating with other team members on the Database and Cloud Administration teams, your will be required to create a holistic approach for automation that can be extended for new tasks and database technologies.
· Develop automation for database administration tasks including setup, security hardening backup/recovery and general maintenance;
· Scale database systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
· Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of database services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
· Design BCP and HA automation for critical database systems to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
· SLA and OLA management and adherence for incident management and request fulfilment processes.
· Work as a team member on large, highly complex technical projects under minimal direction and supervision.
· BSc Degree in computer science or Engineering.
· With at least 2 years’ hands on Experience in managing databases;
· Experience in NoSQL databases, MySQL and other Open source databases platforms will be an added
· Database Systems Administration Techniques – understanding of DB Performance tuning on various Operating Systems, good troubleshooting skills, Database Migration and ILM techniques
· Experience with Configuration Management E.g. Chef,
· Experience in scripting languages like Python and
· Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership
Analyst (Operational Excellence)
Reporting to the Manager – Operational Excellence, the position holder will be responsible for reporting on the performance of all the defined operational processes for Technology Departments and driving process compliance through engagements with the respective service owners.
· Engage the respective service owners to ensure excellence in operations and service delivery.
· Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on the various domains as per the defined process categories and KPIs.
· Ensure information is collected from the correct data sources.
· Track compliance action items.
· Review and automate reports/dashboards through own initiative or based on user requirements.
· Interact with service owners on initiatives for continuous service improvement.
· Document the Operational Excellence work instructions, policy and processes.
· Design report layouts to achieve simplicity and visualization for the captured requirements.
· Degree in IT or Computer Science or Telecommunications or Technical Related Field;
· With at least 2-3 years’ experience in IT or GSM related role
· Experience in Basic Data Analytics
· Experience in Basic SQL, Python scripting and Power BI will be an added advantage
· Experience in Process Governance especially using ITIL Framework.
· Attention to details and analytical thinking.
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Certifications – ITIL Foundation; CCNA; ITIL Intermediate courses and Data Analytics are an added advantage.
Manager (Operational Excellence)
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Service Management & Operational Excellence, the position holder will be responsible for reporting on the performance of all the defined operational processes for Technology Departments and driving process compliance through engagements with the respective service owners.
· Work with managers to interpret data provided in reports; clarify data and respond to additional requests for information
· Review current reports and present recommendations on alternative and/or incremental automated reports to improve visibility, efficiency, cost improvement, workflow management and communication
· Develop new reports and modifying existing reports, both proactively and in response to client request; or to improve operational efficiencies
· Create and maintain databases and management reports, interpreting data and identifying trends for managers
· Improve measurement and visibility of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
· Provide daily/weekly/monthly operations performance metrics in a timely manner with data integrity
· Have an overall passion for technology
· Finding creative and innovative ways to solving problems
· Candidate must be thorough and give attention to detail
· Good business writing and presentation skills
· Analytical thinking and the ability to break down the components but still be able to see the bigger
· Customer focused and the ability to build working relationships
· Achievement driven and delivery focused while maintaining the required
· Contribute to team success by motivating
· Candidate should demonstrate the ability to plan and manage a multitude of
· Degree in IT or Computer Science or Telecommunications or Technical Related Field;
· With at least 3-5 years’ experience in IT or GSM related role
· A working understanding of Data Analytics
· Experience in Process Governance especially using ITIL Framework
· Attention to details and analytical thinking
· Excellent people management skills
· Certifications – ITIL Foundation; ITIL Intermediate courses and Data Analytics; Software Development or Network related certifications
· Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
· Solid technical knowledge of varying databases, data analysis and data repository technologies
· Strong technical knowledge and experience related to data integration and reporting
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.