The Senior Accountant will report to the Finance Manager. The position holder will handle all accounting operations within the company, verify financial records and transactions, and monitor the accounting team.
· Review and ensure timely circulation of accurate, reliable monthly and annual management accounts for the group.
· Prepare the various adhoc reports and analysis for management decision making.
· Custodian of all finance communication files and data
· Supervise and coordinate of finance, accounting and procurement team activities and functions.
· Ensure adherence to various Standard Operating Systems (SOPs) in finance department. Ensuring that appropriate procedures and accounting systems are in place.
· Review and sign off on monthly closing procedures soft and hard copy files and ensuring correctness and compliance of months balances and ensuring integrity of the information in the system by closing Navision on a monthly basis.
· Ensure existence of proper inventory management and fixed assets system and organizing for monthly and random stock counts.
· Supervise the updating of the general ledger and other subsidiary ledgers, manage various reconciliations and analysis and approving making correction journals.
· Responsible for coordinating annual financial audits and ensuring timely preparation of the audit schedules and trial balance for audit purposes.
· Responsible for the posting of adjustment journals as recommended by auditors.
· Assist the Finance Manager to compile data and information for preparation of the company’s annual budgets.
· Monitor budget performance through comparing the actual performance with budget.
· Ensure all applicable tax obligations are filed in accordance with the prevailing KRA requirements.
· Degree in Accounting/Finance
· CPA /ACCA qualification
· 4 Years’ experience in financial & management accounting
The Optometrist will report to the Branch Manager. The main responsibility for the optometrist will be performing eye examinations to check for vision problems and diseases. The optometrist will, based on the results prescribe or offer the appropriate advice to the patient while maintaining high standards of care.
· Taking eye and facial measurements to correctly interpret prescriptions
· Guiding patients when selecting frames for proper fit and styling
· Inserting, removing and caring for contact lenses
· Advising patients on any necessary repairs or adjustments
· Maintaining displays.
· Basic bookkeeping duties associated with tracking patient’s orders and recording purchases and other necessary information for each patient
· Preparing work orders for optical laboratory
· Ensuring that all orders arrive and are to the specifications of the patient
· Diploma in Diploma in Optometry from a recognized institution
· At least one (1) year post internship experience as an optometrist
The dental COHO will report to the Branch Manager. The COHO will be responsible for performing dental procedures on patients.
· Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral health history and teaching appropriate brushing and flossing techniques.
· In addition, welcoming, comforting, and draping patient.
· Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing.
· Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants, apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings.
· Use dental X-ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for the dentist’s analysis.
· Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures; i.e. provide necessary help to the dentist, including mixing materials, trimming, and polishing dental casts.
· Implements and adheres to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures’ space and storage of the clean.
· Maintain a record of day-to-day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed.
· Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit. This includes preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs.
· Diploma in Community oral health or equivalent from a reputable institution.
· Hold a current practicing certificate.
· At least two (2) years’ experience post internship experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 17th July, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.