County Sales Representative
Job Purpose Statement
We’re searching for a sales champion to join as County Sales Representative to help take our sales to the next level. This position offers an opportunity to launch an exciting new product targeting small and medium-scale farmers.
· Learn and utilize the company’s direct sales methodology to sell an exciting new product directly to commercial small and medium-scale farmers.
· Meet and exceed sales targets
· Advise farmers on the use of best practices in soil management and other Good Agricultural Practices
· Build a portfolio of long-term clients by conducting structured post-purchase service visits with customers
· Daily update sales and pipeline data using Google Apps and the company’s proprietary smartphone app
· Technical Degree in Agriculture (B.Sc. in Horticulture or similar)
· Valid riders license and min. 2 years driving experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Basic computer skills – MS Office, Google Apps
· Min. 2 years of agricultural sales experience
· High level of motivation and entrepreneurial drive
· Interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
· Desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
· Creativity when problem solving
· Goal driven and self-motivated when working independently.
Our client a fast-growing bakery is looking to employ an innovative marketer ready to take on a challenge. We are a high-quality bakery keen to curve out a niche as the best bakery in Kenya by offering top quality products and wonderful customer experience. Our ideal candidate can translate the brand’s vision into a marketing plan that meets the needs of our target market. You will market the company and its products, supervise outlet sales staff, offer support to corporate customers and assist in managing the office.
You are enterprising, creative, a people-person, keen to detail, a good problem solver and organized. You have at least three years’ marketing experience part of which should be in online digital marketing, a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, ability to create a multi-channel marketing content strategy and are proficient in Google Analytics. Computer literacy with practical use of MS-Office applications and excellent time management skills are essential. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. Knowledge of graphics design software is an added advantage.
· Makes product knowledge readily available to self and other sales people through various resources.
· Analyses competitor activity and creates a plan for engagement. Suggests to management better ways of growing the business.
· Has eyes on the outlets to monitor attendance, product ordering, display, outlet image and implementation of marketing strategies.
· Conduct regular surveys on customer service, satisfaction, and give improvements/ recommendations on the same.
· Generates leads to grow corporate business and penetrate new markets.
· Event Marketing: Actively source for participation in strategic events geared to promote brand awareness in targeted audience/ platforms.
· Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
· Assist in planning and driving promotions e.g. bread of the month, Seasonal (valentines, Easter, back to school, Christmas).
· Managing SMS platforms and assets such as short codes and alphanumeric IDs.
· Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
· Provide transparency of campaign effectiveness and marketing activities to the management team. For example, measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
· Collaborating with the Branded Content team in obtaining the right content for all digital assets of the bakery
· Act as the liaison between customers and the rest of the organization i.e. production, outlets, etc…
· Oversee designing and maintenance of updated marketing materials in the outlets, events, social media platforms etc. including Facebook and Twitter.
· Managing the digital talent recruitment platform; including analysis that can help guide talent recruitment (posting job advertisements, responding to queries, etc.
· Provide customer support to third-party customers (corporates) by guiding them in ordering, organizing their orders, and responding to queries.
· Support the head office in administrative and communication roles as and when the need arises.
· Any other duties assigned by management.
Field Based Account Manager
To deliver on volumes, proceeds and profitability results in B2B Lubricants for the portfolio of customers in sectors including Franchise Workshop, Power, Manufacturing, Marine & Mining whilst adopting defend and grow strategy.
· To manage the B2B lubricants business in the selected channels to achieve bottom line results of the P&L such as proceeds, C3, and volumes
· To drive business growth with quality and accurate account plans for all customers
· To use the SPANCOP and through Sales First to win customers.
· To build good rapport & maintain good customer relationship with all key customers
· Understand the activity, business and needs of customers, provide sound information and advice on products and services, and to sell and negotiate win-win solutions with customers
· To comply fully with the Client’s standard offer book as per the customer promise initiative
· To defend business from competition by renewing all major customer contracts
· To comply with global credit policy and manage trade debtors effectively through good debt management and promoting customers adopting new payment trends, including electronic fund transfers and internet banking.
· To engage and foster goodwill both within and outside the company.
· Implement policies and procedures and ensure that the relevant controls are in place.
· Increase the value for existing customers through cross, range and up selling
· Develop, update, maintain, and communicate the Account Plan
· To provide advice and support to customers on technical matters relating to lubes applications
· Carry out lubrication surveys for new equipment, new customers or on customer request
· Deliver Technical Customer Value Proposition committed to by business (quality assurance, flushing and filling, open gear, oil condition monitoring, etc.)
· To tap business opportunities and grow the business.
· To deviate customer price led requirement to value led approach by implementation of key CVPs.
· To ensure timely delivery of promises to customers by managing all internal stakeholders.
· Bachelors’ degree preferably in Engineering with at least 3 years work experience in Sales & Marketing field.
· Sales experience with good negotiation and sales technique
· Business and commercial acumen
· Results driven
· Good team Player
· Customer relationship management
· Proven track record in implementing Customer Value Preposition (CVP).
· Management of key accounts
· Selling & Negotiation
· Customer Relationship Management
· Customer Value Proposition
· Market Awareness