(3 Months Contract)
The purpose of the job: To assist in the recovery of all debts, using a holistic approach to ensure that help and support is provided where possible so that litigation is a last resort.
· Diploma in Co-operative Management / banking / finance or Credit Management
· MUST have at least one-year experience in debt collection field.
· Prior interaction with a debt collection system.
· Possess strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and analytical skills, honesty and integrity.
· Should be a self-motivated team player who enjoys negotiating with customers for win- win situations.
· Must have proven ability to develop relationships with agencies necessary to make recovery work successfully.
· Must have ability to work with strict deadlines
· Computer skills required.
Duties / Functions
· Analyze bad debts based on aging and prescribe appropriate actions to retrieve all arrears from non – performing clients
· Demand and follow up of bad debts through review of files and discussions with debtors on repayment plans.
· Aggressively follow up on non-performing loans and Undertaking field visits for recovery activities
· Relationship management with clients on handling customers with bad debts through visits calls and emails.
· Handling multiple client debt portfolios with diverse products; experiences and challenges.
· Embark on an exercise to recover accounts that have been written off.
· Establish contacts and relationships with relevant bodies that will assist in the collection process.
· Repossession and Disposal of Assets – The recovery officer will liaise with auctioneers and investigators to locate seize and dispose of assets of loans that have defaulted, within the law and with all notifications served upon the customer, in time.
· Undertake any additional duties that may be prescribed by the immediate supervisor
How to Apply
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to email@example.com by Monday 29th July 2019.
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach testimonials and a detailed CV indicating your current and expected pay.