Ref No. CAK/02.07/2019
· Assisting in the analysis of merger applications;
· Assisting in gathering intelligence on merger trends;
· Assisting in gathering information on unwarranted concentration of economic power;
· Collecting data and information to assist in merger analysis;
· Tabulating data on merger applications;
· Drafting reports on merger applications;
· Assisting in the implementation of departmental deliverables, policies and procedures.
· Have Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Statistics or Business related discipline from a recognized institution;
· Be Proficiency in computer applications;
· Have good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
· Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Ref No. CAK/01.07/2019
· Assisting in carrying out investigation of allocated consumer complaints and prepare investigation reports;
· Collecting evidence for allocated cases;
· Assisting in gathering intelligence on any consumer infractions in the market;
· Participating in allocated consumer awareness activities;
· Initiating the development of advocacy initiatives for policy change;
· Assisting in carrying out specific market inquiries;
· Implementing the consumer protection guidelines;
· Following up on the implementation of approved product information and safety standards;
· Implementing policies and quality management procedures to enable the department function effectively;
· Carrying out consumer awareness surveys and develop a framework to monitor compliance and impact.
· Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Law, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
· Proficiency in computer applications;
· Good Communication skills
· Interpersonal skills;
· Analytical skills
· Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain and submit copies of clearance certificates from the following Agencies during the interview:
· Kenya Revenue Authority
· Higher Education Loans Board
· Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
· Directorate of Criminal Investigations
· Credit Reference Bureau authorized by the Central Bank of Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications to:
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or; log into the Authority’s Recruitment Portal https://jobs.cak.go.ke:802 or;
Drop Point: Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block “D” ground floor,
The application shall include:
1. Application letter;
2. Detailed CV;
3. Copy of National Identification Card;
4. Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
5. Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Applications close on 23rd July, 2019 at 17:00 hours. Only applications with all the required attachments will be considered.
The Competition Authority of Kenya is “An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Women, persons with disabilities and persons from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.